The duties of the Women's Basketball Assistant Coach include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consults with the head basketball coach in preparing, training, and directing student athletes for participation and
- Must be capable of solely managing the program in the event the head coach is unavailable due to illness or personal
- Communicates with the head coach regarding evaluations of student athletes and assists with the implementation of necessary strategies to maintain the program in a competitive
- Assists the head coach in coordinating all practice plans, team meetings, daily communications, team scouting, film and game review, and travel
- Works closely with the head coach for the implementation of the recruiting This includes generating names of players, high school visits, coaching contacts, personal contacts, attendance at AAU and other tournaments to identify and evaluate student athletes, telephone and mail/e-mail contacts, and campus visits.
- In the absence of the head coach, represents the college at athletic meetings pertaining to the women's basketball This includes Skyline Conference meetings, NCAA/ECAC meetings, and meetings with other conference member institutions.
- Is responsible to know all pertinent NCAA legislation and bylaws as it pertains to Division Ill Inter-collegiate athletics and particularly basketball. This includes student athlete eligibility, recruiting, sportsmanship, gambling, drugs, and hazing policies, among others. Is required to participate in department annual NCAA Rules Seminar.
- Work closely with the head coach in any fundraising activities, approved by the Athletic Department that will directly benefit the basketball program or the Athletic
- Coordinate with the head coach to insure that department and college regulations are understood by and complied with by student
- Display a commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and ethical conduct as per the NCAA
- Assumption of other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and/or the Dean of Student
- Actively support the mission of Mount Saint Mary College, which provides a liberal arts education in the Catholic and Dominican tradition.
Applicant will have excellent communication skills, demonstrate flexibility, professionalism, with a high standard of personal conduct and integrity. Working with college students, we expect the assistant coach to be friendly, empathetic, and have a sense of humor. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please visit www.msmc.edu/employment to apply online.
Mount Saint Mary College is a Catholic, Dominican liberal arts college located in New York’s scenic Hudson Valley, 60 miles north of New York City, The Mount prepares students for personal and professional success, the College offers bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in healthcare, business, education, social services, communication and media, the liberal arts, and more.
Mount Saint Mary College is an Equal Opportunity Employer