Function of Position: Responsible to the Head Women's Soccer Coach and the Director of Athletics. The person will assist in developing and coordinating a program that is highly competitive in Division III along with following the standards and guidelines established by the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and NCAA Division III.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Head Women's Soccer Coach in:
- teaching student-athlete skill development and mental/motivating techniques for competition
- supervision and development of practice and game sessions tactics/decisions
- recruiting of student-athletes - organize top visit day and maintain recruiting data base
- maintaining data base to include: player/parent information, evaluation reports, schedules, academic/class information
- maintaining scouting reports
- monitoring team inventory: equipment and apparel
2. Assume responsibility for the implementation of the junior varsity program.
3. Assist in the development and/or supervision of:
- a strength and conditioning program in collaboration with the Strength and Conditioning staff
- fund raising activities for the soccer program
- soccer camps and clinics
- Social media accounts and highlight video
4. Attend staff development opportunities and coaches meetings.
5. Follow the mission and beliefs of the athletic department and Central College.
6. Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude.
7. Must be open and adaptable to change.
8. Must work cooperatively and respectfully with a variety of campus groups.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate will be assisting a program that has qualified for the IIAC tournament 6 years in a row and is regularly ranked / has received votes in the NSCAA top ten north region as well as the D3soccer.com polls.