| The Associate Athletic Trainer will report to the Co-Head Athletic Trainer. This Associate Athletic Trainer will assist with the implementation of the athletic performance program for an assigned sport. They will assist in the organization of and manage the care, prevention, and rehabilitation of injuries for student-athletes as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer. This position will work cooperatively with student-athletes, coaches, and athletic department staff. |
Job Responsibilities 1. Educate student-athletes on general health habits that will assist in injury prevention and overall well-being.
2. Daily Instruction of student-athletes on rehabilitation exercises post injury in order to provide a safe return to athletic participation.
3. Supervision of one member of the assistant athletic training staff.
4. To work in conjunction with the entire sports medicine staff to coordinate the health care of student-athletes.
5. Implement the treatment, care and rehabilitation of injuries according to the protocols and standing orders developed by the team physicians.
6. Evaluate and direct the emergency medical attention given when a student-athlete is seriously injured in practice or competition.
6. Maintain knowledge of evidence-based techniques in the prevention, care and rehabilitation of athletic injuries by attending clinics, seminars, and current periodicals.
7. Assist with the organization and administration of all pre-participation physicals with physicians; coordinate medical clearance and eligibility for practice and competition.
8. Provide medical coverage at home athletic events as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
9. Travel with one collegiate athletic team as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer (likely women's basketball).
10. Assist the Head Athletic Trainer with the organization and administration of the Sports Medicine Department. Duties may include, but are not limited to: a. medical record keeping b. inventory c. pre-season preparation and practices d. other duties deemed necessary as assigned
11. Manage the supervision and clinical instruction of students participating in the Athletic Training Student education program. Duties include, but are not limited to: a. clinical management b. clinical instruction c. student evaluations
12. To act as a liaison between student-athletes, coaches, parents, team physicians, strength and conditioning staff, and other sports medicine professionals on medical consultation matters.