Graduate Assistant/Part-Time Assistant, Athletics -Multiple Positions
REPORTS TO: RESPECTIVE HEAD COACH OR ADMINISTRATOR
The following positions are available in coaching:
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF COACHING GRADUATE OR PART-TIME ASSISTANTS:
• Serves as recruiter, identifying and evaluating potential students and organizing their recruitment in conjunction with the Office of Admissions.
• Follows all institutional and NCAA regulations regarding recruiting and operations of the sport’s team.
• Assists with organization of all aspects of the program, including coaching and management of facility, practice and operational issues.
• Helps execute team fundraising efforts, including participation in camps and clinics.
• Acts as a visible person to represent the College in a positive manner and heighten the awareness of the institution to all of its constituents.
• Helps promote visibility and awareness of the designated sport’s program.
• Projects and promotes the highest standards for student actions in order to best prepare them as solid citizens and alumni.
• Handles uniform and equipment maintenance and inventory.
• Assists with athletes’ study table coverage and coordination.
• Other duties as assigned by the head coach or director of athletics.
The following position is available in administration:
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE GRADUATE ASSISTANT:
• Helps hire, train and manage staff of interns, student workers and other event staff.
• Helps coordinate and oversee all game and special event management.
• Helps manage all athletic facilities and grounds under the control of the department of athletics and serves as a liaison to Physical Plant and Painesville City Department of Recreation.
• Assists in the planning and scheduling of all departmental sports practices, games, camps and clinics.
• Supervises building and student workers during designated times.
• Maintains and cultivates a joint partnership with Painesville City Schools and Painesville City Department of Recreation.
• Helps coordinate, direct and supervise all aspects of home game and special event management to include: concessions, event/game staff, game officials, visiting team coordination, traffic management, parking, gate/entry control, crowd control, etc.
• Works cooperatively with faculty/staff, College leadership, athletic administration, head coaches and student-athletes on behalf of athletic interests.
• Ensures a positive game environment and atmosphere, along with pre-game, half-time, timeout coordination and preparation of game protocol/countdown information.
• Provides administrative and clerical support to the athletic department.
• Helps direct procurement of transportation services for all teams.
• Works closely with the promotional and fundraising efforts of the department of athletics, including making initial contacts with potential corporate sponsors.
• Assists sports information department with statistics and web-based programs.
• Assists with team inventory and laundry.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the director of sport operations or direct of athletics.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL GRADUATE ASSISTANT/PART-TIME ASSISTANT POSITIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports management, business or related field preferred.
• For GAs, acceptance into a Lake Erie College graduate program required.
• Collegiate playing experience preferred for coaching positions.
• Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics and NCAA rules and regulations.
• Knowledge and skill in using integrated software systems and Microsoft applications.
Qualified applicants must have the availability to work evenings and weekends. Coaching applicants must possess a valid driver’s license for transportation of teams in vans and the ability to travel for team practices, competition and scouting; former collegiate student-athletes with coaching experience preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest specifying which position is of interest, a resume and
three professional references to: email@example.com (preferred) or Graduate Assistant/PT Assistant
Search [position specified], Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., Human Resources LEC Box 358,
Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. EOE.