| Ashland University seeks a head coaching position for softball with the position beginning around June 1, 2017. Ashland is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC), one of the most highly respected NCAA Division II conferences in the country. Ashland University offers a comprehensive 20-sport athletic program. The university is located off of Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus. |
Position Summary: The head softball coach will direct all aspects of Ashland's NCAA Division II softball program. The head coach is responsible for coaching and instruction of student-athletes, scheduling, recruiting, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes, monitoring the budget and assisting in raising funds for various projects connected to the program. This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Athletics.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities: • Candidates must be able to teach proper technique and skill development in various aspects of softball. Should have a complete and thorough understanding of the sport and be able to instruct student-athletes in small group and one-on-one settings.
• Applicants should be well versed and able to instruct student-athletes on physical health, team concepts and team building exercises, team development techniques and safety.
• A thorough understanding of NCAA and GLIAC rules and regulations is required. The head coach must adhere to these rules and ensure that the program is in compliance with all rules, regulations and guidelines. The ability to articulate these to student-athletes is also required.
• An understanding of Ashland University’s mission and goals is required. Applicants must have the ability to explain these to student-athletes.
• This position requires the ability to recruit potential student-athletes. The head coach is responsible for meeting all Ashland University roster requirements.
• The head coach is responsible for working with various constituencies across campus to ensure that student-athletes receive the proper academic counseling and assistance.
• All practice and game preparation falls under the direction of the head coach. The head coach is responsible for the implementation of game plans and will be the lead coach at all games and tournaments.
• The head coach will direct and evaluate all assistant coaches.
• This position could require other assignments as assigned by the athletic director. These could include fundraising, game management and representing the athletic department at various functions.
To apply online, email information to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to https://www.ashland.edu/administration/content/head-softball-coach