Note to Applicant: Please ensure your resume/cover letter illustrates the experience you have that demonstrates the level of proficiency required (working and extensive) for the qualifications listed below. For a complete definition of the proficiency levels, please visit: http://hr.uiowa.edu/competencies/proficiency-levels. Three professional references will be requested now and at a later step in the recruitment process, additional references may be requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Experience (typically 3-5 years) working in an enterprise level configuration including supporting and managing related technologies.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and ability to:
- Install and manage Windows operating systems (Windows 7 and 10)
- Install and manage Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- Assist in system design
- Troubleshoot systems, servers, software, and user accounts
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies and the potential applications at an enterprise level
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with technical and non-technical staff as demonstrated through a customer-centric desktop support operation
- Lead, develop and manage a technical staff of 4+ people
- Work constructively and collaboratively with diverse constituent groups
- Demonstrated knowledge of Active Directory and DNS.
- Experience (typically 5 to 7 years) in supporting enterprise scale configuration of 500+ users, including supporting and managing related technologies.
- Relevant IT/Project Management certifications (Please specify)
- Experience supporting technology in a collegiate athletics environment is highly desired
- Demonstrated working knowledge in the following areas:
- Macintosh OS X and management of OS
- Mobile platforms - (i)OS and Android
- Modern web technologies, web development processes and content management systems such as Drupal
- Application deployment technologies (SCCM, Casper, etc.)
- MSSQL and MySQL
- Host sites using IIS
- Daktronics servers, scoreboards, and video board equipment.
- Paciolan/Spectra ticketing system
Application: To apply for this position, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #70764. Only applications submitted at http://jobs.uiowa.edu will be considered. Screening will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.