| ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: |
1. Assist in the day-to-day operation of Tulane Athletics department’s strategic communications office.
2. Assist in aggressively publicizing and promoting Tulane Athletics as the primary contact for selected sports. Promote assigned sports via news releases, digital and social media, e-mail communications, and phone calls; and performs all communications duties (requests for information, interviews, etc.) for assigned sports with the goal of increasing positive exposure for Tulane Athletics, and assists with day-to-day operation of the Athletics department strategic communications office.
3. Demonstrate basic writing, editing, communication and interpersonal skills, and be willing to work selected nights and weekends. Possess basic computer skills and experience with website content management systems, STAT CREW Software, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat) and Adobe Creative Suite programs (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Premiere).
4. Assist with the coordination of home event operations for assigned sports, and be willing to assist with the game operations for other home events as needed.
5. Assist with the production (writing, editing, and design) of publications (including media guides, records books and game programs) for assigned sports, and be willing to assist with the production of publications for other sports as needed.
6. Assist in maintaining departmental media archives, including statistics, media guides, records books, game programs, photographs, clips, news releases and multimedia content.
7. Able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends, and available to travel with sport teams for selected away contests.