Head Men's Basketball Coach/Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities
About SUNY Maritime College:
SUNY Maritime College located on a 55-acre scenic waterfront property on the outskirts of New York City on the Throggs Neck peninsula where the East River meets Long Island Sound. The campus blends the best of two worlds: a comfortable college-town feel with the greatest city in the world. An impressive view of the sound extends toward the North Atlantic, yet only a few miles away are Yankee Stadium and midtown Manhattan. SUNY Maritime offers an array of employment opportunities stemming from entry level to professional positions which encourage growth and development among its employees.
- Responsible for organizing and directing all phases of a college basketball program.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Develop a summer camp program.
- Supervise travel needs: transportation, food and accommodations.
- Responsible for game scheduling, practice scheduling, team gear and team equipment.
- Develop, organize and execute fundraising opportunities for the basketball team and athletic program.
- Supervise assistant coach( es) and student-worker staff.
- Operate within the given budget.
- Liaison for the Department of Athletics for all athletic facilities.
- Coordinate all projects and facility usage with:
- Department of Facilities
- Office of Conference Services
- Regimental Office
- Department of Athletics
- Organize and oversee facility usage and logistics in coordination with all programs on campus.
- Organize and oversee facility scheduling (Indoor & Outdoor Facilities) for all varsity programs included but not limited to: practices, games, special events and daily usage from the student body.
- Oversee the fitness center weight room and cardio room.
- Maintain fitness equipment and service contracts.
- Organize and oversee fitness center student staff.
- Inspect all athletic facilities. Maintain communication with campus facility personnel. Monitor all athletic facility projects.
- Responsible for processing all fitness center and athletic facility (indoor & outdoor) work order.
- Must attend all weekly Conference Services Scheduling meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous club, high school or college coaching experience
- Knowledge of NCAA Compliance guidelines
- Strong Organizational Skills
- College playing experience
- Master's Degree
- 5+ years of college administration and/or coaching experience
The Head Men's Basketball Coach/Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities is a United University Professions position. The anticipated salary range for the position $45,000 - $50,000 annually, with an outstanding benefits package. Salary will commensurate with experience. Review of applications will commence immediately and conclude when position is filled.
Special Notes: This is a full time calendar year appointment UUP position. Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Internal and external posting to occur simultaneously.
Budget Title: Staff Assistant (SL2)
Local Title: Head Men's Basketball Coach/Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities
Line #: 00175
SUNY Maritime College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our full non-discrimination statement, see: http://www.sunymaritime.edu/page/affirmative-action.
SUNY Maritime College is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, volunteers and the general public that use our facilities. Therefore, in order to ensure the hiring of employees of the highest integrity and to maintain a safe campus community, SUNY Maritime College will conduct pre-employment background investigations on all individuals for whom employment is to be offered.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online. Please submit:
- Cover letter including salary requirements
- Contact information for three professional references.
Returning Applicants - Login to your SUNY Maritime Careers Account to check your completed application, check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents.