Assistant Women's Soccer Coach
Vacancy # 13152
Salary: Commensurate with education, experience, and qualifications. (Coaching positions are not tenure track and do not guarantee future employment rights.)
Under the direction of the Head Soccer Coach, the Assistant Women's Soccer Coach/Goalkeeper Coach assists in coaching the soccer team. The incumbents will promote intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of the university.
• Coaching: Assist the Head Coach in planning and directing the education of studentathletes in the techniques, skills, and theory of the sport, to include but not limited goalkeeping unit specific responsibilities.
• Physical Development: Support the conditioning and training of athletic team members in conjunction with strength and conditioning coaches, athletic trainers and team physicians.
• Academics: Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of academic progress and eligibility status of studentathlete team members, in cooperation with Academic Support Services.
• Compliance: Coordinate with the Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance with NCAA, MWC, and University rules and regulations.
• Travel: Organize, coordinate, schedule, and conduct team and recruiting travel duties within strict budgetary parameters. Outreach: Assist in the promotion of fundraising activities, community service and awareness, and the promotion of events. Recruiting: Assist in the recruitment of quality studentathletes to raise program performance.
• Camps and Clinics: Organize, coordinate, schedule, promote, and conduct soccer camps and clinics.
• Operations: Assist in the daily functions of the soccer program and its many facets and tasks in the office and university environment, as well as required work outside of the office.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Clear knowledge of soccer; modern coaching methodologies, playing techniques, tactics and strategies.
• Ability to support the equity and diversity commitments of the department.
• Ability to cooperate professionally and collegially with the media, the community, the University and the Athletics Department staff and administration.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and project a professional attitude.
• A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations.
• Coaching philosophy and teaching concepts must be compatible with those of the Head Coach.
Education and Experience:
• A bachelor's degree from an accredited fouryear institution
• Prior experience playing and/or coaching soccer at the collegiate level or commensurate relevant high performance team experience in the USA or Internationally.
• Experience and understanding of recruitment and development of top athletes; international recruiting contacts a plus. Team scouting, video and match analysis experience highly preferred.
• Camp/Academy Direction and Coaching experience preferred.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
Filing Deadline: Applications received by February 26, 2017 will be reviewed for minimum qualifications and given full consideration by the hiring manager and/or search committee. Qualified applicants received after that date will be forwarded upon request to the hiring manager and/or search committee.
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a casebycase basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 2782032.
How To Apply:
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be satisfactorily completed (as determined by the CSU) before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may be the basis for rescinding an offer of employment and/or affect the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain offcampus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO1083.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Other Applicant Information:
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
It is the policy of the California State University to fill vacant positions represented by the California State University Employees' Union (CSUEU) with qualified applicants currently employed on the campus. Other applicants may be selected when it is necessary to meet the best interests of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from campus applicants.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 200412), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, the California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer highquality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 23,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multiethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within easy driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, Lake Tahoe, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency