| Full-Time Coaching/Faculty Position Available Full-time coaching and teaching position available at the rank of lecturer to begin July 1, 2017. The successful candidate is expected to lead and manage all aspects of a competitive varsity volleyball program in the highly competitive NEWMAC conference. In addition to the athletics responsibilities, it is expected that this faculty member teach lifetime sports and fitness activities in the Department of Physical Education. |
Specific responsibilities include:
* Develop and implement strategies to successfully recruit, yield, and retain a diverse group of academically and athletically talented student-athletes.
* Identify, develop, and supervise assistant coaches.
* Organize, manage, and schedule practices, training programs, and matches.
* Develop and manage sport and recruiting budgets for volleyball.
* Manage team travel and meals in consultation with department coordinator.
* Ensure replacement of equipment and maintenance of facilities in consultation with associate director of athletics for facilities.
* Promote a culture of compliance by working with the associate director of athletics for programming to complete necessary NCAA paperwork, staying informed of sport and governance body rule changes to minimize violations, and in the case of violations or problems, reporting them without delay for immediate attention.
* Promote a culture of health, well-being, and safety in all aspects of the varsity sport and physical education programs.
* Imagine and implement innovative and fun physical education courses that appeal to a range of skill sets, interests, and experiences.
* Provide the administrative support for the physical education program, including but not limited to syllabus development, maintaining attendance records, and grading.
* Participate on department and College committees as assigned.
* Other duties as assigned.