Note to Applicant: Please ensure your resume/cover letter illustrates the experience you have that demonstrates the level of proficiency required (working and extensive) for the qualifications listed below. For a complete definition of the proficiency levels, please visit: http://hr.uiowa.edu/competencies/proficiency-levels. Three professional references will be requested now and at a later step in the recruitment process, additional references may be requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, sports marketing, sports administration or another related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one to three years of experience as a full-time professional in collegiate or professional sports marketing.
- Working knowledge of and an ability to:
- Design and implement complex marketing and advertising plans for a sport
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Utilize excellent oral and written communication skills to establish and maintain professional and collaborative long-term customer service excellence and produce excellent work products (e.g., advertising copy, social media content, game production elements, script writing, and video concepts).
- Demonstrates extensive proficiency in using basic office support software (word processing, spreadsheets, and email).
- Master’s degree is preferred in Sports Administration, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience (typically a minimum of two years) and a working knowledge of annual intercollegiate marketing processes, issues, considerations, and solutions at the NCAA Division I level.
- Working knowledge of and ability to:
- Effectively supervise and manage part-time staff to achieve goals and objectives;
- Successfully use Photoshop (or equivalent);
- Use new media/social media platforms (please specify).
- Experience with email marketing efforts (please specify software).
- Demonstrated marketing experience with the sports of volleyball, women’s basketball, gymnastics and softball.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative partnerships and maintain productive, sustained relationships with clients, patrons, and associates.
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time position with full University of Iowa benefits. Salary range is $45,000 to $55,000.
Application Process: To apply for this position, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #70575. Only applications submitted at http://jobs.uiowa.edu will be considered. Screening will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.