Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Ability to positively promote the image of Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation.
- Ability to review, classify, prioritize and analyze data.
- Ability to utilize a variety of reference, descriptive and design data and information.
- Ability to exercise discretion in analyzing and selecting from proactive and alternative courses of action.
- Ability to organize and direct work of self and others, and to apply principles of persuasion and influence over others in a supervisory and professional capacity.
- Ability to provide guidance, assistance and interpretation regarding the application of procedures and standards to specific situations.
- Ability to operate a variety of machinery, equipment and tools associated with maintenance operations.
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle to conduct work activities.
- Ability to exert heavy, though not consistent, physical effort, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and that may involve the lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials weighing 20-50 pounds.
- Performance of essential functions may require exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, temperature and noise extremes, machinery, vibrations, electric currents, traffic hazards, toxic agents, disease or pathogenic substances.
Qualifications Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Associates Degree or minimum 2 years of college, supplemented by vocational or technical training in construction, grounds maintenance, building maintenance and/or pool maintenance.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years experience involving grounds and facility maintenance; experience in aquatic operations desirable.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position.
- Driving is an essential function of this position and individual must possess and maintain a valid Indiana driver’s license and be insurable.