Minimum Education, Experience & Certification:
- Experience in supervising aquatic facility operations, program development, facility and equipment maintenance, staff supervision, and scheduling of a large multi-pool facility desired.
- Minimum four years of pool lifeguarding experience required
- CPR for Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and AED certification required
- Lifeguard Training certificate required
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certificate required
- Certified Pool/Spa Operator (CPO) and/or
- Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certification required
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a regular, full-time position. Flexibility and willingness to work long and irregular hours and days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed by event schedule.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work conditions may vary depending upon the location of programs; programs may occur indoors and outdoors, therefore requiring exposure to a variety of elements. While working indoors, the lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. While working outdoors, the work environment may involve exposure to various elements including but not limited to: sun, heat/cold, dust, pollens and other environmental risks.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include talking, listening, sitting, standing, walking, manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, use of office equipment including but not limited to computers, scanners, printers, telephones, copiers, fax machines, digital cameras, corrected vision and hearing to standard range.