| LONG BEACH STATE UNIVERSITY CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LONG BEACH POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS |
Long Beach State University (LBSU)
Established in 1949, Long Beach State University is a vibrant, comprehensive, forward-looking university with an enrollment of approximately 37,000 students from diverse backgrounds. The second largest in the California State University System, LBSU is located in Long Beach, the fifth largest city in California, on a beautifully landscaped 320-acre campus near the ocean in southwest Los Angeles County, and in close proximity to Orange County. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top five comprehensive public universities in the West, LBSU offers 137 different Bachelor’s degrees, 92 Master’s, and 5 Doctoral degrees, as well several teaching credentials.
A diverse, student-centered, globally engaged public university, LBSU is committed to providing undergraduate and graduate educational opportunities through superior teaching, research, creative activity, and service for the people of California and the world. With its values of Educational Opportunity, Excellence, Diversity, Integrity and Service, LBSU’s core academic purpose is to graduate students with highly-valued degrees. LBSU envisions changing lives by expanding educational opportunities, championing creativity, and preparing leaders for a changing world.
Director of Athletics Long Beach State University (LBSU) invites nominations and applications for the position of Director of Athletics. LBSU Athletics is a founding member of the Big West Conference, sponsors 19 sports and is committed to excellence and integrity in intercollegiate athletics. The school now seeks a skilled and inspiring individual to lead Beach Athletics into the future. The successful candidate must understand and respect the important role that a vibrant, broad-based sports program plays in LBSU’s institutional mission. This will require excellent administrative skills, a forward-thinking orientation and vision, and the proven ability to build support among multiple internal and external constituencies. The ability to build a team, a capacity for hard work, and an overarching commitment to the welfare of student-athletes are a must.
* Provide leadership that reflects a commitment and adherence to the highest standards of integrity in academic, financial and business matters, as well as full compliance with university, conference, NCAA rules and regulations and other applicable policies and state and federal laws.
* Establish an environment of compliance and commitment to Title IX in all aspects. Fully support and abide by CSU and LBSU’s commitment to gender equity in education, including athletics, and its full compliance with Title IX of the Educational Amendments to the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
* Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively as part of the University President’s Executive team, and to interact effectively with multiple constituencies.
* Lead by example in sustaining a strong commitment to an inclusive, diverse environment that best serves the needs of our student-athletes, coaches, and staff.
* Advance programs, policies and procedures that promote and support the academic success and general welfare of all student-athletes.
* Increase external financial support for LBSU Intercollegiate Athletics. Make personal solicitations and public presentations as necessary.
* Represent the athletic department and LBSU to all internal and external constituents, including the Alumni Association, faculty, staff, students, and members of the community
* Provide vision and direction for the department with regards to being a leader within the Big West Conference in all aspects.
* Work to integrate intercollegiate athletics into the overall University and its mission.
* Support Coaches and student-athletes in their endeavor to win championships.