Assistant Coach - Women’s Soccer
Xavier University, a Jesuit Catholic institution, seeks applications for a full-time Assistant Coach Women’s Soccer. This position assists the Women’s Soccer Head Coach with direction and administrative oversight of the intercollegiate women’s soccer program relative to successful athletic performance, recruitment and retention of student-athletes, and providing the necessary leadership for a positive competitive environment for student-athletes.
Skills, characteristics and experience
- Possess a philosophy of coaching and education that fits the mission of Xavier University and the mission of Xavier Athletics.
- Ability to interact and represent Xavier well with a diverse constituency of students, faculty, alumni and media.
- A proven record of success in NCAA Division I program(s) as a recruiter, assistant coach and/or head coach.
Conducts practices and games
- Provides leadership and guidance necessary for a positive competitive environment for the Student Athletes.
- Is responsible for physical and mental preparation both in season and off season.
- Organizes team meetings for distribution of Athletic information forms, sports information forms, NCAA Student Athlete statements and drug policy.
- Maintains regular contact with Sport Administrator with regard to transportation, field/court preparation and condition, budgets and game preparation.
Provides for academic support and retention for Student Athletes
- Meets with Academic Advisor to assure eligibility of Student Athletes.
- Monitors academic progress of Student Athletes (academics are first priority).
Assures compliance with NCAA and BIG EAST Conference rules and regulations
- Communicates regularly with Compliance Officer concerning admissions, eligibility, playing and practice seasons, rosters, recruiting and any other procedures relating to the sport.
- Maintains team roster and reports changes throughout the season to Compliance Officer.
Works with Sports Administrator to complete administrative details for the sport
- Confirms regular seasons schedule, practice schedule and field assignments.
- Responsible for travel arrangements, funds for travel and assignment of officials when appropriate.
- Discusses and determines cash requirements for budgets and cash advances with Associate AD: Business.
- Meets with Sports Information Director to review needs and procedures for the season
- Confirms with Trainer regarding team physicals and health/injury issues.
1-2 years’ experience
The employee agrees to have knowledge of and compliance with NCAA, BIG EAST Conference, and Athletic Department rules and regulations.
The employee must have a valid driver’s license and meet the requirements for insurability under Xavier University’s policy.
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references on Xavier University’s website at http://www.xavier.edu/working-at-xavier/. This position will remain posted until filled.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer