Position: Head Varsity Girls’ Tennis Coach
Reports to: Director of Athletics – Competitive Sports
FLSA: Exempt - Part Time
Application Deadline: Friday, January 27, 2017
Start Date: Thursday, March 2, 2017
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic, moral-ethical, and athletic development of student-athletes; demonstrate the highest priority is the health, safety and welfare of student-athletes.
- Achieve a high level of competency in sport skill instruction, motivation, and conduct of practice sessions.
- Achieve competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence.
- Assist in the development of a long-term program vision, plan, and teaching curriculum.
- Demonstrate excellent writing, speaking and listening skills.
- Exhibit leadership and professional behavior in dealings with student-athletes, parents, staff, and administrators.
- Complete all administrative duties including, but not limited to:
- Roster management, game day operations, scheduling, score reporting, transportation, management of staff and student-managers, CPR, VIRTUS and other trainings, liaison for team parents, distribution and collection of uniforms, attendance at League and CSH coaches’ meetings, communication with internal and external constituents, attendance at required school and athletic department special events, and other administrative duties as assigned
- Provide mentorship / evaluate assistant coach
- Exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NYSAIS, AAIS, School, Division, and Department of Athletics rules and regulations
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience. High school playing and college playing experience preferred. Previous high school and college coaching experience preferred. Previous individual and group training experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and developing comprehensive approach to high school sport programs preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively manage relationships at the administrative, student-athlete, and parent level.
- Candidates must exhibit enthusiasm for the role of athletics in an independent school setting, vision and creativity, strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment. Additionally, candidates must complete a criminal background check and must possess or obtain, prior to the start of the season, current First Aid and CPR certification.
A stipend is paid for the coaching position
An equal opportunity employer, Sacred Heart seeks to hire outstanding and diverse faculty who work together harmoniously toward the common mission of the school.