Mandeville Soccer Club- Director of Coaching and Player Development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in creating, implementing, and manage resources for the training curriculum for all programs/teams in the club.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training programs and report outcomes to the Executive Director
- Create and implement coach and staff development curriculum for all coaches in the club
- Develop, monitor and report on the club coaching performances and expectations
- Facilitate coach education programming and work with all coaches to determine appropriate plan for continuing education
- Manage day to day operations.
o Responsible for all coach inquires
o Assist coaches in creating seasonal plans for their teams’ development
- Oversee player development
- Perform annual coach evaluations.
o Measure coaches’ performance through coach survey, observation and AGD input
- Assist and execute strategic plan for the club in collaboration with Executive Director.
- Lead team formation processes.
o Decide how many teams the club will form for each season and who will coach teams
o Oversee and lead the competitive tryout process
o Collect coaches’ player evaluations on current players
o Respond to player/parent inquiries regarding individual placements
- Primary Contact when resolving soccer issues with parents, player and coaches
- Update the Executive Director on teams and issues
- Provide college recruiting education to the club members and coaches.
o Organize college recruiting education seminar for club parents and players
- Coach no more than (2) teams per season
Licenses: United States Soccer Federation “C” Coaching License or higher or equivalent from another similar accrediting organization
Experience: This position requires 2 years of director’s experience or of a related position. Experience with youth soccer and/or youth centered organization. Proven track record of successful coaching and developing programs etc.
- Highly detailed oriented and ability to produce accurate results
- Management skills- ability to hold people accountable for their efforts and actions
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people skills
- Excellent prioritization, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Team player with the ability to collaborate
- Organizational leadership and team development, ability to build a team; putting people in the best positions to succeed
- Strong emphasis on player development of successful “player pathway” from the academy to competitive
- Ability to travel as well as work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Strong character and high ethical standards
- Works closely with all staff and office personnel
- Works well with team coaches, manager and parents
- Respects and Reflects the “MSC Way” Philosophy
To apply for this position: Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. All submissions will be handled confidentially
Mandeville Soccer Club, Attn: Director of Coaching Search Committee
790 Florida St. Suite 2A Mandeville, La 70448
Or email information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with qualification and experience