Men’s Soccer GA Job Description
This is a 10-month position. The Men’s Soccer GA will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the soccer program as well as secondary responsibilities assigned by the Athletics Director. A strong faith base and commitment to the mission of Greenville College are essential.
Graduate Assistant’s (GA) are students, not employees of the college.
- GA’s may not hold other on-campus employment.
- GA’s will apply, be accepted, and enroll in one of the three Greenville College graduate programs.
- GA’s will maintain continuous enrollment in the degree program at all times
- GA’s must maintain an accumulative G.P.A. of at least 2.0
- GA’s will receive a stipend in addition to full tuition scholarship for Greenville College programs and housing & meals.
- Tuition scholarship, stipend, and meals are subject to applicable taxes.
- GA’s must be able to live and work in the USA. No Student Visa available.
- Assistant Head Coach: assist in practices and games
- Recruiting: coordinate recruiting activities including emails, phone calls, and letters, maintain the recruit database, and manage social media
- Academics: monitor academic progress of players
- Administrate student workers
- Oversee compliance of NCAA paperwork regulations
- Spiritual Development: lead Bible studies and mentor players
- Game Day Management responsibilities as assigned by the Athletic Department.
- Bachelors Degree and acceptance into Graduate Program.
- Collegiate soccer playing experience.
- USSF or NSCAA Coaching License
- Previous coaching experience
How to Apply
Compliance with College Standards. All Greenville College employees acknowledge the unique Wesleyan, evangelical, and Protestant mission of the College, a community in which Christian faith is of central importance. Employees agree to promote the College's Mission (as set out in the Mission Statement); its Philosophy of Education and GC Student Learning Outcomes, support its Theological Assumptions and comply with the behavioral aspects of the Lifestyle Statement (collectively, the College Standards).
To be considered for the position, applicants must submit (1) a cover letter, (2) a current resume, and (3) the Greenville College Employment Application available at www.greenville.edu/jobs
It is the policy of Greenville College not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race or gender in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville College is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.