| About Wittenberg University: |
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 2,000 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
Wittenberg is a NCAA Division III institution participating in the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) and offers a broad-based intercollegiate athletics program with 24 varsity teams - 12 for men and 12 for women - and numerous club and intramural opportunities. Annually, Wittenberg places among the top four in the North Coast Athletic Conference All-sports standings.
Wittenberg University is seeking a candidate for the position of Head Women's Soccer Coach. The ideal candidate will provide leadership, vision, and organization to cultivate a highly successful program that focuses on supporting student success, the mission of Wittenberg University, the financial sustainability of the athletic department and University, and provide a highly competitive experience for our student athletes.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assign and supervise duties for assistant coaches if applicable and perform annual written evaluations of assistant coaches. The head coach is directly responsible for the actions of each assigned assistant and volunteer coach.
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures as stated in Wittenberg's athletics department, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Maintain budgetary responsibilities, review budget summary, and operate within budget constraints. Coordinate all expenditures and commitments with the Administrative Assistant to ensure fund approval and availability.
- Oversee and monitor all budgeting, operational, fundraising, and camp accounts.
- Adhere to departmental procedures relative to purchasing and travel expenditures.
- Recruit, retain, and monitor student-athletes who are academically prepared for the academic demands required of students at Wittenberg University.
- Coordinate current and future competition schedules with the Director of Athletics & Recreation.
- Schedule facilities as needed with the operations and facilities coordinator.
- Coordinate all practices and competition schedules with appropriate agencies for academic class time and the use of Wittenberg facilities.
- Coordinate, attend, and supervise all daily practice sessions, workouts, team travel, and contests.
- Ensure that all practices are conducted in a professional manner according to Wittenberg and NCAA time requirements.
- Maintain and have thorough knowledge of NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
- Report any alleged violations of NCAA, NCAC, or institutional rules and regulations.
- Assign coaching responsibilities for all practices and sport contests.
- Monitor and submit all work study hours of student employees and contracts.
- Speak to service groups and alumni organizations as assigned.
- Attend all staff meetings and departmental luncheons.
- Provide an opportunity for annual evaluations with student-athletes.
- Cultivate alumni relations by working with the advancement office through projects that have been assigned or encouraged by the university, the Springfield community and/or the Alumni.
- Participate in special projects and additional duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics & Recreation.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. We believe it is educationally imperative to further our students' appreciation and understanding of a culturally diverse society, and we are committed to ensuring a diverse environment for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or disability. In that spirit, we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
We ask candidates to set-up an account and apply online via this link: http://wittenberg.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=80036
Then, please upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.
- Cover letter
- Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.