- Solicit leads and secure new events for Fort Worth, with a focus on increasing overnight stays during shoulder and off-peak tourism seasons.
- Develop and implement sports marketing plans for event recruitment and to promote the destination.
- Leverage existing marketing resources (video, print, new media assets) to maximize exposure for Fort Worth nationally.
- Create and execute an outreach plan to grow the exposure of the destination with event rights holders and NGBs.
- Manage new and existing community relationships in a professional and organized manner.
- Fulfill/activate all event partnership agreements.
- Follow-through with all partners to enhance retention from year to year.
- Serve as the lead sports staff member to the CVB and its Board of Directors.
- Manage the daily operations of the sports marketing department staff (currently one full-time position and one intern).
- General customer service and relationship development.
- Provide event execution support to FWSM partners.
- Previous experience within a sports commission, DMO, NGB or other relevant sports marketing entity.
- Proven track record in sports tourism sales, marketing, and/or event management.
- Experience working with volunteer boards, and multiple stakeholder groups.
- College degree.
- Experience managing a full-time workforce/department.
- Knowledge of sports business and the sports tourism industry, the non-profit sector and/or the Olympic movement.
- Highly organized.
- Strong verbal/oral/written communication skills including experience in public speaking.
- Successful experience in all facets of customer relationship development.
- Strong phone, inter-cultural, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with CRM systems in tracking leads and event opportunities.
- Proficiency with word processing/desktop publishing, as well as spreadsheet and presentation applications such as Google Docs, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Proficiency with and/or a working knowledge of social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Salary – Negotiable based on experience.
Reporting Structure – The Director of Sports Marketing reports to the CVB Vice President of Sales.
Closing date – Open until filled. All applications received before January 15, 2017 will be given full consideration.
Start date – Negotiable, first quarter of 2017 preferred.
Job location – The Fort Worth CVB and FWSM offices are in downtown Fort Worth, Texas.
Additional information about FWSM – https://www.fortworth.com/sports/.
Interested applicants are to send an e-mail of interest to Gary@HuddleUpGroup.com. The e-mail submission should consist of one attached PDF document of no more than three total pages (the PDF should include a one-page cover sheet and a resume no longer than two-pages). No phone calls please.