Aquatics Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
City of Charlottesville, Virginia
Application Deadline: January 13, 2017 at 5pm EST.
Apply online at: www.charlottesville.org/jobs
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of facility maintenance for the City's aquatic facilities including indoor pools, outdoor pools, and spray parks. This position performs a variety of specialized and technical tasks related to pool maintenance and assurance of water quality standards. Supervises the work of others performing general aquatic maintenance functions. Reports to the Parks & Recreation Aquatics Management Specialist.
- Inspects all aquatic facilities for safety hazards and operational deficiencies, recommends improvements and initiates corrective measures. Schedules and dispatches subordinates.
- Tests water in swimming pools continuously for such conditions as PH, chlorine level, alkalinity, temperature, water hardness, total dissolved solids, and clarity; takes appropriate action to correct problems; maintains records on tests and chemical usage.
- Maintains pumps and filters; back washes filters as needed.
- Operates a variety of standard hand tools and equipment used in pool and facility maintenance and repair activities on a regular basis.
- Assists with the development of Aquatic Facility Maintenance Standards and Plans.
- Performs preventive maintenance and makes repairs to pumps, boilers, valves, piping and electrical fixtures.
- Assures the cleanliness of the pool and pool deck and equipment room; assures proper sanitation and safe conditions; supervises regular cleaning of the pool according to health department standards.
- May review and oversee the work of contractors and vendors.
- Performs facility improvements to include building, painting, plumbing and electrical.
- Keeps abreast of new codes, regulations and maintenance practices related to swimming pools.
- Compiles and retains operational and safety records that comply with federal, state, and City regulatory and safety standards.
- Accountable for the safe and proper operation of equipment engaged in routine maintenance and constructions projects. Provides training and technical assistance to department staff in areas of expertise. Ensures that subordinates are aware of and meet maintenance standards.
- Inventories and maintains pool supplies; orders materials and supplies as needed.
- Leads or participates in the hiring, scheduling, supervision, training and evaluation of aquatic maintenance staff.
- Assists in the development of budget justifications for capital improvements, equipment, and staffing and annual operating supplies.
- Advises residents of City responsibilities; analyzes and responds to citizen requests and complaints; initiates corrective action.
- Responds, prioritizes, and initiates action to inter-departmental complaints and work requests.