Under the general direction of the Director of Athletics, the Head Women's Soccer Coach will be responsible for all aspects of the women's soccer program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: coaching, recruiting, scheduling, budget management, and overall administration of a NCAA Division II women's soccer program. Credentials should reflect proven success in coaching, recruiting, and working with student-athletes.
Cal State Monterey Bay is a NCAA Division II institution and a member of the California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA). The university is committed to excellence in academics and athletics, gender equity and diversity in its programs, and a well-balanced, broad-based intercollegiate athletics program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Organizes, provides leadership for, and conducts all phases of Women's Soccer Program.
- Establishes a strong working relationship with department staff and University community.
- Supports the department's commitment to academic excellence in all interactions with prospects, student-athletes and faculty.
- Monitors student-athlete academic standing to ensure that progress-toward-degree is being met and there is a clear path to graduation.
- Promotes and maintains a culture of compliance regarding institutional policies & procedures and NCAA Division II & CCAA bylaws.
- Develops student-athletes physically, mentally, and emotionally for NCAA Division II competition. Support mission, activities and involvement of women's soccer student-athletes on the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
- Plans and supervises practices and provides coaching in a manner that will promote team excellence, individual growth, development and team unity.
- Develops a quality NCAA Division II schedule that will provide competitive opportunities for student-athletes, meet institutional scheduling criteria and contribute to achieving the goal of participating in postseason competition.
- Plans and administers the women's soccer budget, arranges for and manages all aspects of team travel, and purchases supplies and equipment for the women's soccer program.
- Creates an enthusiastic following and support among faculty, students, and staff. Actively engages with external communities. Organizes and manages fundraising opportunities to support women's soccer.
- Actively participates in professional development for self as well as supports professional development when appropriate for assistant coaches.
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge and technical skills necessary to coach soccer. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coaches, student-athletes, students, faculty, administration and the community. Proven ability to lead and manage people.