Lassen Community College District Susanville, CA 96130
Women's Head Basketball Coach Salary: $15,000 Stipend per Academic Year
The appointee will hold a part time faculty position and will plan, organize, direct, and monitor all activities of the intercollegiate Women's Basketball program including the recruitment, conditioning and training of the student athletes and is responsible for student athlete behavior/conduct and academic eligibility. The appointee will instruct the class for intercollegiate Women's Basketball, and may be granted additional teaching assignments as might be available in the off-season or summer. Instructional assignments will be paid separate from the coaching stipend at the current part-time instructional rate of $49.61 per hour.
Education and Experience: The standard minimum qualifications for coaching are; any bachelor's degree and two years of professional experience, directly related to the faculty member's assignment or any associate degree and six years of professional experience, directly related to the faculty member's assignment and appropriate license or certification to practice in California.
For the discipline of coaching the ideal experience is paid full-time intercollegiate coaching experience.
However; Consideration will be given to a combination of other coaching/playing experiences including: • A minimum of 50% coaching adult athletes in intercollegiate, club, semi-pro or professional competition. Remaining experience may include a combination of: • Playing experience at the college level • Coaching at the HS/Club level
• Master's degree in physical education, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise, or adaptive physical education OR Bachelor's degree in any of the above AND Master's degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration, or physical therapy OR the equivalent.
• Recruit and retain student athletes for each academic year; a minimum of 18 student athletes must be retained at the first class census
• Ensure compliance with all regulations, rules, procedures, and policies for the program as established by the Commission on Athletics, Golden Valley Conference, and Lassen College
• Train student athletes in conditioning, skill and strategy development
• Schedule practices and competitions
• Arrange for travel with team to off-campus competitions; travel with team
• Drive the team van for off-campus practices and competitions
• Work closely with Basketball coaches from District area schools to develop rapport and enhance recruitment of student athletes
• Meet assigned classes as scheduled, teach to course outlines and maintain accurate attendance records
• Submit attendance records, travel & reimbursement requests and other communications in a timely manner
• Attend Athletic Department and conference meetings as required
• Attend Physical Education Division meeting when requested
• In conjunction with the Athletic Director, develop and manage the budget for the • Women's Basketball program
• In conjunction with the Athletic Director, analyze equipment needs and inventory; order equipment and uniforms as necessary
• Maintain regular contact with the Athletic Director during the full-term of the contract, including the off season
• Maintain currency in subject area
• Work with students of diverse skill levels and socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
• Communicate effectively with students and colleagues
• Organize and supervise assistant coaches and students
• Assist student athletes with transfer to a four-year institution
• Perform other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position
• Technical knowledge in all aspects of coaching Basketball; effective oral and written communication skills with demonstrated success in recruiting student-athletes
• Awareness of various learning styles
• High standards of professional and ethical conduct