James Madison University, a Division I member of the NCAA and Colonial Athletic Association, is accepting applications for a Director of Creative Video and Production to guide and direct the department’s video strategy related to event coverage, live event production, creative content and collaboration with other key content developers and live production partners while primarily serving the needs of the department’s external operations and sport programs. The successful candidate will report to the Assistant Athletic Director for Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategy for sporting event highlight packages and distribution to social media, web and traditional media.
- Collaborate with Athletics Communications staff and Creative Content Team to develop video content to support social media and web distribution needs (“hype” pieces, features, motion graphics, etc.) as well as live video streaming (MadiZONE).
- Serve as executive producer for football productions for linear and digital distribution.
- Schedule and capture video shoots with all sport programs as part of “team media day” initiatives with an emphasis placed upon in-game motion graphics, GIFs and short video hits to support competition updates.
- Create branded departmental content to showcase the student-athlete experience at James Madison University.
- Provide technical support and guidance to live-event streaming, including collaboration with contracted service providers.
- Record and live stream press events such as the weekly fan/press lunch, media days, signing days, postgame, NCAA selection shows, etc. and distribute footage to traditional and social media outlets.
- Work with contracted video board personnel and athletics marketing to provide assistance on in-game video elements.
- Fulfill needs of Athletics Marketing via promotional video elements such as commercials and creative content.
- Manage the archival process of current and historical video footage.
- Package video content to showcase sport programs, athletics facilities, support services, etc.
- Produce content and serve as Director for Athletics Special Events, such as the Student-Athlete Awards Banquet (JMAs) and Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.
- Maintain relationships with JMU’s School of Media Arts and Design to encourage involvement of a student production team to assist with video needs.
- Recruit and supervise part-time and student employees as part of a Student Production Team to assist with video needs and possible cooperative arrangement with JMU’s School of Media Arts and Design.
- Collaborate with university marketing and communications on project development, video branding and overall strategy.
- Maintain active inventory of all video equipment and work with Assistant Athletic Director to prioritize short- and long-term video equipment needs.
- Collaborate on TV and digital streaming future strategies for JMU Athletics.
Candidates should possess experience in intercollegiate or professional sports video content development and live production or an appropriate substitution of general video production and film industry experience. Candidates must possess good interpersonal communication skills, knowledge of video filming techniques (shooting and editing) as well as proficiency with video production software with preferred experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and other Adobe Creative Cloud Elements. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is also required. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of the video production process, camera operation, different camera and lens types, proper filming techniques, lighting design, audio production and the post-production process. Candidates must be highly motivated, energetic, be able to balance multiple tasks, produce high-quality work on tight deadlines and be able to manage a work schedule that includes evening and weekend work. A bachelor’s degree is preferred with areas of study in media design, multimedia, cinematography, digital arts, audio/video technology, communications or a related field.
To apply go to http://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/3907 or visit JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number S1399. Salary range is $45,000 - $50,000. In addition to the resume and cover letter, all applicants must submit a demo reel or other samples of video work. Please include samples of a highlight package, a feature story, a hype video and live event production. To submit a demo reel or other samples of video work, applicants may either attach an additional document to their application as “Other Document #1,” which includes links, include links in their resume or email links to email@example.com.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.