Requirements: An associate's degree or equivalent is required. A bachelor's degree is preferred. A minimum of three years' experience, preferably in administrative, secretarial, clerical or event planning experience in an office setting. Must have excellent customer-service skills. Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and have the ability to work independently, but also as a team member. Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office products. The ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in any situation is a must.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): The candidate will be responsible for the following and working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, and identified systems is preferred. Due to NCAA compliance rules, the candidate cannot fill this position if they are a coach.
• In Recruit, look up applicants (read-only) and assist with tracking admissions status of prospective student-athletes (PSAs) and communicate outstanding items to coaches.
• View/find student records/information in Banner (Internet Native Banner and Self Service Banner).
• Through the NCAA Eligibility Center Database o Monitor eligibility records o Pull official transcripts and test scores for WU o Perform initial eligibility evaluations
• NCAA Compliance Assistant Database o Assist with inputting of transfer credit data (credits, GPA, semesters of enrollment). o Assist with inputting of continuing eligibility data (credits, GPA, etc.). o Assist with compiling data for various NCAA reports.
• Use the Cognos Reporting System to pull needed reports for data and record keeping.
• Assist with the notification to instructors for student-athletes (SAs) game/travel schedule and the University's policies and procedures when it comes to excused/unexcused absences.
• When online registration portal is closed (for checks and balances to ensure eligibility), assist with the processing of manual registration or drop/add forms to registrar's office…checking pre-requisites and degree applicability. o Work with Office of the Registrar to ensure the processing of forms.
• Assist Office of Academic Advising and Registrar's Office in printing out needed documents for athlete eligibility certifications.
• Assist the Assistant Athletic Director with completion of required NCAA logs and forms.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of events throughout the year, including New Student-Athlete Orientation, National Girls & Women in Sports Day, and Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference Championships.
Hours of Employment: Generally, Monday – Friday sometime between the hours of 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. However, the candidate is expected to be flexible with their hours (example: Reading Week and the first week of class each block) and must be prepared to work some additional hours and/or on the weekends.)
Wilmington University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff to all postings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, marital status or other characteristics protected by law.
The security of all members of the campus community is of vital concern to Wilmington University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report contains information for all Wilmington University sites regarding campus security programs, recommended personal safety practices, the authority of University Public safety Officers, campus disciplinary procedures, and campus crime statistics for the most recent three year period can be found online at http://www.wilmu.edu/safety/2016_US-AnnualSecurityReport_Update_2.pdf or a hard copy may be requested from the Wilmington University Department of University Safety at (302) 325-3333.