To serve as an Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
Duties/Physical Demands: • Design and implement strength and conditioning programs for assigned teams
• Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with NCAA, MAC, NCHC and University rules and regulations that apply to the areas of strength and conditioning.
• Participate in department activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director of Human Performance
PLEASE APPLY AT THE FOLLOWING LINK - https://miamioh.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=6121
• Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field
• CPR / AED certified
• Current certification through one or more of the following organizations: NSCA (CSCS), CSCCa (SCCC)
• 2-3 years working as a full-time strength and conditioning coach; significant training and experience with all forms of resistance training and conditioning
• Must also be well-versed and experienced in speed improvement/mechanics, flexibility/mobility, energy system specific training, skill-specific training, testing/evaluation protocols, rehabilitation procedures with various injuries, and nutritional education
• Basic computer skills required; Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
Master’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field
2-3 years working in a collegiate strength and conditioning program
Internal Number: 6121
About Miami University
Affiliation: Public university of OhioPhilosophy: Miami is a residential university with a focus on teaching undergraduates. A liberal education core complements the more specialized studies of the majors.Established: 1809; named for the Miami Indian Tribe that inhabited the area now known as the Miami Valley Region of OhioLocations: Main campus in Oxford, Ohio (35 miles north of Cincinnati); regional locations in Hamilton, Middletown, and West Chester, Ohio; European Center in LuxembourgEnrollment: 14,872 undergraduates and 2,395 graduate students on the Oxford campus; 3,680 undergraduates on the Hamilton campus; 2,271 undergraduates on the Middletown campus; 205 graduate students at the Voice of America Learning Center (based on Fall 2010 enrollment)
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found a...t: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.