The Soccer Association of Homer, Alaska owns and manages a recreational building in beautiful Homer, Alaska. The facility is used for many indoor activities, including soccer and Futsal. It's a new facility that is needing an energetic and creative operations director.
If you live in Alaska or dream of living in one of Alaska's most beautiful towns, please consider replying to the following job opportunity. Homer is an amazing town with a lively and wonderful community. Anyone loving glaciers views, bald eagles circling overhead, or unmatched fishing should take a look at this job opportunity! You can see a short video of our town at: https://vimeo.com/151831401
SPARC Operations Director Job Description South Peninsula Athletic and Recreation Center (SPARC) Operations Director will perform professional duties directed towards the advancement and sustainability of the SPARC facility in the community of Homer and its outreach in surrounding areas.
The Director performs duties and includes responsibilities related to: developing and implementing athletic and health programs at SPARC; coordinating facility maintenance; developing and implementing core marketing strategies, and interviewing, training, and managing volunteers/ SPARC staff.
The Director works for the Soccer Association of Homer (SAH) and works with the SPARC Operations Committee (Ops) to carry out the mission of both groups.
Duties: • Programming: Develop, Implement and/or Coordinate athletic, recreational and health programs for youth and adults at the SPARC facility. This can include, but is not limited to: fitness programs, athletic tournaments and special/themed events catering to all ages.
• Facility: Scheduling and tracking of maintenance contracts both janitorial and structural. Adhering to and knowledge of all State of Alaska safety protocols relating to First Aid, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
• Facility Use/Liability: Ensures that waivers are in place prior to any individual’s use of the facility, and all staff follow all procedures in relation to the same. Ensures that all staff/ volunteers have completed all mandated training, and completed background checks prior to commencing duties at SPARC as required by the SAH and Alaska Youth Soccer Association (AYSA) .
• Marketing: Development and reporting of both short term and long term marketing campaigns/plans to the Ops for approval and implementation. This includes but is not limited to: Membership and volunteer/staff recruitment drives and increasing existing/new program attendance. Writing and/or scripting Press releases for local media, and all SPARC social media accounts. Participating and/or attendance to conferences/events deemed relevant to the SPARC and SAH mission statements.
• Financial: Work with the Ops Financial Committee to develop and report on an annual budget. Required to present monthly reports relating to the SPARC facility at Ops and SAH monthly meetings. Required to handle and maintain petty cash on-site, and regularly make deposits to the SPARC account.
• Human Resources: Required to recruit, interview, train, and manage volunteer staff, coaches and personnel for the SPARC. Develop and maintain evaluation process for all SPARC staff and its volunteers. This includes overseeing the completion of: background checks and/or trainings deemed necessary by SAH and the Ops.
• Summer Soccer Program: Coordinate and oversee the execution of the SAH Summer Soccer Camp program. This includes, but is not limited to: Reserving fields; interviewing and hiring coaches; advertising and marketing the program; coordination with SAH bookkeeper for payments to staff and recruitment of volunteers. Note that SAH typically invites five, National-caliber coaches to Homer each summer to run our summer program of five, two-week soccer camps.
The person we hire will, of course, relocate to Homer Alaska. They will have experience running a small or large sports facility, or they will have recent, related experience which could include a related degree that applies.
Internal Number: FOD0718
About Soccer Association of Homer
Located on the beautiful Kachemak Bay, Homer, Alaska is home to a growing, youth soccer community. The Soccer Association of Homer (SAH) is proud to be part of this movement.