Brandeis University seeks to hire a Men’s Basketball Coach in the department of Athletics. The Men’s Basketball Coach administers all aspects of a NCAA Division III Men’s Basketball program competing as a member of the University Athletic Association. This person will be responsible for planning and implementing a training schedule, daily practices, game coaching, recruiting, home game management, travel management, attending division, department, and UAA meetings, and program fundraising.
- Directs a programmatic system which teaches the fundamental aspects of the game of basketball which would include game coaching, practice sessions, physical training methods (pre-season, in season, and post season) as well as team building components along with the scouting of opponents and devising of game strategies.
- Manages the student-athlete recruitment effort for the men's basketball program including traveling to high school games and tournaments, evaluating prospective players, and generating applications to the University. Responsible for annually recruiting an incoming class of men's basketball student-athletes that contribute to the continuing success of the team and to the University community at large.
- Coordinates fund raising and alumni relations activities for the men's basketball program including an annual alumni game and annual team fund raisers. Promotes the men's basketball program on campus and within the local community.
- Manages mentoring of men's basketball student-athletes and providing advice in the areas of academics, disciplinary and personal matters, and fosters a just and inclusive team culture that embraces the diversity of its members.
- Supervises a staff including full, part-time and volunteer assistant coaches as well as student managers.
3-5 years of total work-related experience.
1-3 years of supervisory/management experience.
Experience coaching at the collegiate level required.
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and understanding of Division III student-athlete philosophy.
Ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with community, staff and students.
Brandeis University is committed to providing its students, faculty and staff with an environment conducive to learning and working and where all people are treated with respect and dignity. Toward that end, it is essential that Brandeis be free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religious creed, gender identity and expression, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law (also known as membership in a "protected class").
About Brandeis University
Brandeis University is a great employer for all the same reasons it is an outstanding university. Its commitment to inclusion, dedication to lifelong learning and commitment to excellence are just a few of the reasons our workplace culture shines bright.
We take pride not only in maintaining this culture, but expanding it — by recruiting and retaining outstanding employees who share our values and enrich Brandeis University overall.