POSITION OBJECTIVE The equipment manager will manage all aspects of athletics equipment, uniforms and other related supplies including maintenance, inventory, and care. This position will assist with the game day operations of Case Western Reserve University’s 19-sport intercollegiate athletics program.
1. Responsible for the issuance, maintenance and upkeep of the equipment and gear for 19 varsity sport programs including football, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, softball teams and others as needed. The equipment manager will provide student athletes with the necessary equipment and gear required for competition and practice. Monitor and arrange for equipment repairs. (25%)
2 .Manage the daily operations of the equipment rooms on the north and south side of campus, along with the north side storage facilities. Ensure each area is operated in a clean, efficient and effective manner. (20%)
3. Implement an inventory control system to ensure accurate recording of all purchases, repairs, maintenance and disposal of athletic equipment and gear. Inventory athletic gear and distribute to student athletes. Responsible for collection of all gear annually, generating a final inventory for coaches and reporting lost items and charges to the associate athletics director. (15%)
4. Provide laundry services for the football, men’s & women’s soccer, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball and softball teams, and others as needed. Distribute clean laundry to student athletes, staff and coaches. Ensure team laundry is done to the correct specifications and health standards on a daily basis. (10%)
5. Train and manage 20+ student employees to assist in carrying out the goals and objectives for equipment operations. (10%)
6. Provide essential coverage on game days, including game day management and greeting of officials and visiting teams. Assist with set up for athletic competitions and practices. (10%)
1. Assist, coordinate and complete special projects as assigned by the associate athletics director for the Department of Facilities and Operations within Academics. (5%)
2. Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of policies and procedures for the facilities and operations department within athletics. (5%)
Experience: 1 year of experience in athletic equipment management and operations required.
Education/Licensing: High school education required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Current Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA) certification, or successful acquisition of this certification within 12 months from date of hire.
Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work and communicate with various individuals from a broad spectrum of disciplines, technical and educational backgrounds within the department, school and university, and with individuals outside the university.
Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to present and articulate ideas, plans, etc. Ability to effectively interact with colleagues, supervisors, students and customers face to face.
Excellent organizational and planning skills; ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments throughout the year. Attention to detail.
Knowledge of football safety equipment and proper fitting techniques.
Effective management skills; ability to lead, work with, elicit cooperation from and read communication styles of team members and staff.
Ability to work effectively independently with limited supervision, and collaboratively within a team.
Ability to learn and apply new ideas, processes, policies, functions, etc. Must be highly motivated and a self-starter.
Ability to problem-solve effectively, and demonstrate good judgment and logical decision-making.
Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timeline. Must be flexible in order to respond to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently. Must be able to adapt to varying workloads and respond appropriately to stressful situations.
Additional Salary Information: Applications must be received through http://www.case.edu/finadmin/humres/employment/career.html
Internal Number: 6981
About Case Western Reserve University
The Department of Physical Education and Athletics at CWRU seeks to support the University in its pursuit of excellence by providing each student with an opportunity to develop physical fitness and lifetime sports skills; compete in athletics; participate in physical activity; demonstrate leadership; and be responsible and responsive citizens.