Sports Medicine, Sports Medicine - Athletic Training
The assistant athletic trainer works under the supervision of the head athletic trainer. The assistant athletic trainer is responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries within Menlo College’s comprehensive sports medicine program. Primary Responsibilities:
* Prevention of athletic injuries and illnesses
* Evaluation of athletic injuries
* Treatment of athletic injuries including use of therapeutic modalities
* Inform coaching staff and other staff members on the status of injuries and treatment plans
* Providing injury, nutrition, and health education to student athletes
* Perform daily tasks to ensure the Sports Medicine Facility operates at an efficient level
* Athletic training administrative duties as assigned by the head athletic trainer and director of athletics which may include inventory, policy and procedure development, and drug testing implementation
* Attend practices and athletic events and provide medical coverage to student athletes and travel as needed
* Supervision, education and recruitment of student and graduate assistant athletic trainers
* Recordkeeping and documentation of injuries and illnesses
* Help with maintenance of room equipment and cleanliness of athletic training facility
* Work with doctors and other allied health professionals to deliver care to student athletes
* Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer/ Athletic Administration
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization with professional experience in collegiate athletics. Master’s degree preferred.
Current NATA Member
Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
Current CPR/AED certification
Familiarity with NAIA governing rules
About Menlo College
ABOUT MENLO COLLEGE
Menlo College is a tight-knit community of exceptional, involved people. Faculty members teach and mentor from their perspectives as scholars, entrepreneurs, managers, and community leaders. Menlo College attracts students from all over the world -- young adults who are committed to learning, play intercollegiate sports, start and lead organizations, and volunteer in the community. The campus is located 30 miles south of San Francisco in Silicon Valley – one of the world’s most entrepreneurial and innovative locations. Silicon Valley is renowned as an innovation incubator with many opportunities for experience-based learning.
In support of experiential learning, all business majors at Menlo College are required to complete a 6-unit internship prior to graduation. Psychology majors are also strongly encouraged to complete a for-credit internship. The Menlo College Internship Program is designed to help students apply the knowledge and skills they gain in the classroom to professional settings.
Menlo College is consistently included in lists of America’s best colleges, including citations by the U.S. News & World Report and the Princeton Review. Affor...dableCollegesOnline.org (AC Online) has brought additional recognition to the quality of the Menlo College experience: AC Online named Menlo as one of the 4-year colleges in California with the best lifetime return on investment (ROI). It is also one of the safest campuses anywhere; Universities.com ranks Menlo College first in California, and fourth in the nation as the “safest college campus in America.” For more about Menlo College, please visit www.menlo.edu.
For more about Menlo College, please visit www.menlo.edu.