This position is responsible to recruit athletes and direct, coach, and promote sportsmanship in all phases of a successful intercollegiate women’s lacrosse program in compliance with all NCAA, Northeast Conference, and institutional rules and regulations. This position reports to the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
1. Effectively coach a competitive women’s lacrosse program in a manner, which promotes sportsmanship among athletes, ensuring compliance with all NCAA, Northeast Conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
2. Effectively recruit prospective qualified student athletes to participate in Bryant’s athletic program, and effectively promote Bryant academic and athletic programs to potential students.
3. Ensure that players associated with the lacrosse program are eligible under NCAA and Northeast Conference regulations.
4. Effectively monitor student athlete academic progress; refer or counsel where appropriate, and motivate the athlete.
5. Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
This position is best filled by an individual with an undergraduate degree and three year’s experience coaching a competitive lacrosse program. Ability to identify and recruit outstanding student-athletes is required. Experience at the University level is preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills are needed to motivate and supervise athletes and students. A thorough understanding of, and experience with, NCAA and Northeast Conference rules and regulations is critical. The ability to manage multiple tasks is essential. Knowledge of related computer applications is important. A valid driver’s license is required for travel. This position has non-standard hours and requires the ability to travel with a substantial time commitment in both the fall and the spring.
About Bryant University
For 155 years, Bryant University has been at the forefront of delivering exceptional education that anticipates the future and prepares students to be innovative leaders of character in a changing world. Bryant delivers an innovative, uniquely integrated business and liberal arts education that inspires students to excel. With approximately 3,700 graduate and undergraduate students from 38 states and 53 countries, Bryant is recognized as a leader in international education and regularly receives top rankings from U.S. News and World Report, Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes, and Barron's.
Abundant co-curricular opportunities, service learning programs, internships, and practicums allow students to put theory into practice while building character and leadership skills. Athletics and recreation play an integral role in the health and well-being of Bryant students, whether competing on one of Bryant's 22 NCAA D1 varsity teams, taking part in a club or intramural sport, or just enjoying the Bulldog school spirit.
Bryant is dedicated to the success of our faculty and staff, and the school provides excellent benefits, training, and support so that individual talents may flourish f...or the benefit of its students. Bryant's academic and technological excellence and innovation foster the development of individuals so each can reach his or her personal best in life and their profession.
The University is located approximately 15 minutes from Providence and one hour from Boston.