The University of Texas at San Antonio Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking well-qualified individuals for its Head of Athletics Equipment Operations.
Function: To provide overall management, oversight, and supervision of the daily operations related to equipment associated with the UTSA athletics department.
Scope: Responsible for the decision making for the purchase, storing, issuing and maintaining equipment, supplies, and clothing associated with the UTSA athletics department.
1. Collaborate with coaches and staff to proactively and effectively address the equipment needs of all intercollegiate athletic programs.
2. Serve as main equipment manager for football program.
3. Monitor and maintain an inventory management system for all equipment and apparel; long-term planning for equipment and apparel needs of all sports; as well as budgeting and procurement oversight.
4. Coordinate the transportation of equipment, uniforms, and supplies to both home and away from home competitions and practices for the football program.
5. Ensure all athletic equipment which includes, but not limited to, uniforms, helmets, decals, banners and logos comply with conference and NCAA regulations along with University brand and licensing directives.
6. Assist senior management team with policy creation, implementation and enforcement, contract negotiations and maintenance of the working relationship with department’s apparel and shoe provider.
7. Develop, maintain, and enforce the procedures pertaining to the overall operation and safeguarding of assets of the athletics department equipment room(s).
8. Responsible for the storage, preservation, shipping, and reconditioning of all football equipment at the conclusion of each season.
9. Supervise, develop and recruit one or more professional staff and multiple student workers.
10. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Three years’ experience managing equipment in intercollegiate or professional sports, with emphasis on football.
Ability to property fit equipment in accordance to manufacturer recommendations and the guidelines in place by the NCAA, AEMA and other governing bodies.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Five years’ experience managing equipment in intercollegiate or professional sports, with emphasis on football.
Knowledge of NCAA, Conference USA, and UTSA rules and regulations. Experience with ACS athletic equipment manager software.
Certification from the Athletic Equipment Manager’s Association.
UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Internal Number: BES20180313P
About The University of Texas at San Antonio
The University of Texas at San Antonio serves the San Antonio metropolitan area and the broader region of South Texas through programs and services offered from its three campuses: 1604 Campus, Downtown Campus and UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures.With 28,688 students enrolled in 126 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, UTSA is the second-largest component in The University of Texas System and has been one of the state's fastest-growing public universities for much of the last decade.UTSA offers 63 bachelor's, 43 master's and 20 doctoral degree programs. With 10 doctoral programs and five more master's programs in the planning stages or awaiting final approval, UTSA is rapidly moving toward classification as a doctoral/research intensive institution. The university's three campuses provide access and opportunity for large numbers of historically underserved students. More than 56 percent of UTSA's students come from groups underrepresented in higher education. Many students are the first in their families to attend a college or university.
The University of Texas at San Antonio is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.