The person in this position will assist the head football coach in developing and coordinating a football program that is highly competitive in Division III while following the standards and guidelines established by Central College, the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (IIAC) and NCAA Division III.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist the head football coach in: teaching student-athlete skill development and mental/motivating techniques and supervision and development of practice and game sessions
- Assist the head coach in recruiting and retention of academically qualified student-athletes within the guidelines of Central College, the IIAC and NCAA Division III.
- Collaborate with admission office staff and counselors for contacts, campus visits, and other recruiting activities
- Support the program by assisting in the organization and supervision of: Fundraising activities, Camps and clinics
- Attend staff development opportunities and coach's meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree, with one to three years of experience coaching preferred.
Strong communication skills required
First Aid/CPR/AED certified or ability to obtain certification within six months required
Ability to travel; night and week-end work required
Valid driver's license and the ability to be insured to drive college vehicles required
About Central College
Founded in 1853, Central College of Pella, Iowa, is a private, residential four-year liberal arts college known for its academic rigor and strength in global experiential learning, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), sustainability education, athletics success and tradition, and leadership and service. Central continues to value its long-standing relationship with the Reformed Church in America that began in 1916. The college participates in NCAA Division III athletics and is a member of the Iowa Conference. Central is an active part of the Greater Des Moines region and just two minutes from Lake Red Rock, Iowa's largest lake