Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; Includes evenings, weekends, and holidays
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date, July 2, 2018. Apply online at http://und.edu/jobs. Reference Job ID#4522.
The University of North Dakota is seeking applicants for an assistant coach with the softball program. This position will assist the head softball coach in all areas of coaching a Division I collegiate softball program, including but not limited to:
- Daily coaching at games and practices
- Assist strength coach for weight training and conditioning practices
- Practice/game management
- Scouting opponents
- Academic supervision of student-athletes
- Monitoring of social media for social media sites for student-athlete
- Video analysis
- Public relations/community service
- Camp organization/coordination
- Maintain social media sites for the softball team
- Other organizational and administrative duties as assigned by head coach.
- Excellent computer, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students, coaches, faculty and staf- Ability to throw batting practice.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of and commitment to NCAA compliance and follow all NCAA, conference and UND rules and regulations.
- Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student-athletes including having a valid driver’s license.
Experience coaching pitchers and/or have been a pitcher at the collegiate/international level
Coached/Played collegiately or internationally for 2 seasons and/or Coached high school or high level club softball for 4 seasons
Successful completion of criminal history background check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
NCAA Recruiting Experience
Experience with running or organizing softball camps or clinics
NCAA Division I, II, or III experience
Experience with NCAA and Summit League rules and regulations
Internal Number: #4522
About University of North Dakota
University of North Dakota Athletics Department
2751 2nd Ave N, Stop 9013
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9013