Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; will include evenings, weekends, and holidays
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date, June 26, 2018. Apply online at http://und.edu/jobs Job ID#4505 ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
The UND Men’s Hockey program is seeking applications for an Equipment Manager. This position will manage all areas of the men’s ice hockey equipment program, including but not limited to: Team Equipment and Coordination:
* Supervise and direct all day-to-day equipment needs.
* Oversight of equipment database; maintain all hockey equipment records and inventory
* Develop and implement policies and protocols related to continuous evaluation and routine checks for proper fit of equipment.
* Educate the student athletes through communication concerning the inherent risks involved with misuse of equipment/apparel in order to reduce risk of injury.
* Purchase all on ice and off ice team apparel.
* Communicate distribution knowledge of equipment and apparel with athletes and coaches.
* Comply with applicable rules and regulations governing safe and sanitary environments.
* Supervise and maintain accurate documentation in accordance with established UND organizational policies and procedures in order to substantiate accountability.
* Assist with the development of long and short range equipment goals.
* Order all equipment and locker room supplies within the equipment budget.
* Assist with the development of long and short range equipment goals and budget.
* Inspect equipment/apparel through visual observation in order to identify needed repair.
* Repair equipment/apparel deemed necessary through visual observation and routine inspection in order to maintain functionality and safety standards.
* Supervise and manage all inventory control records, yearly and perpetual reports.
* Assist with the sale and surplus of used and unused equipment at the end of the season.
* Organize and keep equipment room clean and replenished
* Utilize security resources to secure equipment.
* Supervise and coordinate equipment for travel
* Supervise and direct Laundry services for team and visiting teams
* Other duties as assigned by Head Hockey Coach.
Supervision and Management:
* Supervise practice and game coverage with assigned workers.
* Sole oversight of scheduling student workers to assist with completion of tasks assigned.
* Make decisions related to day to day operations for men’s hockey program.
* Analyze and solve problems independently.
* Maintain strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with wide range of constituencies within a diverse community.
* Understand, adhere and enforce safety procedures.
* Work in high intensity, competitive, and deadline driven environment.
* Instruct, direct, and train student workers on processes to comply with University and Athletics hiring protocols.
* Abide by the University Payroll timeline for processing and submitting hourly reporting forms.
Game Day Operations:
* Host visiting teams and take care of their equipment and laundry service needs.
* Supervise workers to take care of the on/off ice Officials.
* Supervise visiting team locker room setup.
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
* Must be detail oriented
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
* Must have a commitment to NCAA compliance and follow all NCAA, conference and UND rules and regulations.
* Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student athletes were applicable.
High School Diploma
Experience with equipment necessary to sharpen skates and maintain athletic equipment
Must have excellent computer Microsoft Word & Excel
2 year’s experience working in a hockey equipment manager profession
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Must successfully complete a criminal history background check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
2 year’s experience working in collegiate, junior or professional hockey as a Head Equipment Manager.
3 year’s experience working in the hockey equipment manager profession
Internal Number: #4505
About University of North Dakota
University of North Dakota Athletics Department
2751 2nd Ave N, Stop 9013
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9013