Benefits:Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; some evenings and weekends
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date, May 31, 2018.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
The University of North Dakota is seeking a Director of Compliance/Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance. This position will provide guidance to the UND community with regard to NCAA rules, regulations and standards which mandate integrity and fair play in Athletics.
Provide assistance to the Associate Athletics Director for Compliance to educate, support, monitor, and enforce NCAA rules and regulations.
* Lead UND’s education program for compliance for all constituents as supervised by the Associate AD for Compliance.
* Assist Associate Athletics Director with monitoring and certification for initial eligibility and continuing eligibility in regards to practice, financial aid and competition.
* Coordinate all facets of the National Letter of Intent program, and departmental grant-in-aid offers to prospective student-athletes, as well as monitoring all aspects of student-athlete financial aid.
* Assist with the coordination and implementation of an effective athletic compliance monitoring system. This includes financial aid, playing and practice, recruiting, amateurism, etc.
* Approve prospective student-athlete official visits and monitor all official and unofficial prospective student-athlete visits
* Supervise intern program.
* Report any and all violations of NCAA and conference legislation to appropriate entities.
* Flexibility, efficiency and the ability to meet deadlines for a wide variety of assignments.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Must be detail oriented
* Excellent organization and communication skills
* Ability to work with a diverse group of students, coaches, faculty and staff
* Must have a commitment to NCAA compliance and follow all NCAA, conference and UND rules and regulations.
* Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student athletes
Minimum 2 years experience working in NCAA Athletics Compliance through an internship, graduate assistantship, or full-time employment at an NCAA Division I institution or the NCAA Office.
Excellent experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software
Current valid driver’s license.
Successful completion of criminial history background check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Experience with CAi
Experience with ACS Athletics
Experience with LSDBi and/or other NCAA systems or software (NCAA RSRO online)
Experience with Scoutware or Jump Forward
Experience with Division I Financial Aid and/or NLI program
Internal Number: Job ID#4403
About University of North Dakota
University of North Dakota Athletics Department
2751 2nd Ave N, Stop 9013
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9013