Ave Maria University, a private, Catholic, liberal arts university located in beautiful Southwest Florida, seeks applicants for the part-time position of Assistant Softball Coach.
Duties will include:
The primary duties are to assist in team coaching, teaching, training, and individual student athlete skill development, to prepare the team for competition.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in monitoring academic, social, and personal development of softball student-athletes. Assists in identifying and recruiting academically and athletically talented student-athletes for the softball program.
- Assists in promotion and development of program by creating and maintaining effective relationships with alumni, donors, and community members.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of camps and clinics.
- Participates in events as a representative of the department and softball program.
- Maintains knowledge and remain current regarding all appropriate NAIA, The Sun Conference, Department of Athletics, and University compliance issues, policies, and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus one to three years of coaching/playing experience, preferably at the college level.
In search of someone who can help with all phases of running a successful NAIA softball program.
Candidates must show a demonstrated knowledge of and strong commitment to the mission of the university and the teachings of the Catholic Church. The assistant coach is responsible for supporting the university in the formation of student-athletes in the intellectual and moral virtues of the Catholic faith.
Interested candidates should complete the application form, submit a cover letter addressed to Mr. John Kelly, Head Softball Coach, your resume, and contact information for three references, and submit them on the University’s online application site by clicking this URL:
Click on the Apply tab, then click on the Register Now tab, and complete that so that you can upload your cover letter, resume, and reference letters or list.
Ave Maria University does not discriminate in employment opportunities, practices or the terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
About Ave Maria University
Ave Maria University is a Liberal Arts College located in Southwest Florida. The University takes as its mission the formation of men and women in the intellectual and moral virtues of the Catholic faith. Ave Maria University is a member of the NAIA Sun Conference.