Executive, Executive - Associate Athletics Director
The Pac-12 Conference is seeking a Senior Associate Commissioner. This role provides leadership of sports administration and championships, governance, and compliance. The candidate will have extensive experience as a sports administrator at the highest level on campus and/or at a Division I college conference. This person will possess very strong leadership and management skills, and will have demonstrated the ability to relate to a wide range of diverse audiences. The Senior Associate Commissioner will serve on the Senior Leadership Team, and will report directly to the Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference.
The Pac-12 Conference is seeking team members who aspire to contribute to the Pac-12’s standing as one of the leading collegiate athletic conferences in the United States. The Pac-12 Conference is committed to diversity and gender equality in the workplace. We encourage applications from women and people of diverse ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds. The Pac-12 Conference is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Provide leadership and contribute to the vision and direction of the Pac-12 Conference as an active member of the Senior Leadership Team. • Fulfill the duties as primary Conference liaison to Senior Administrators from the Pac-12 membership. • Oversee the Sports Management, Governance & Compliance teams. • Provide sound judgement and outstanding crisis management. • Serve as the sport administrator for women’s basketball, including oversight of the management of the Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Tournament. • Work collaboratively with staff to oversee all key student athlete experience initiatives, including sports administration and championships for all Olympic sports. • Collaborate with Chief Marketing Officer and marketing team in providing exceptional championship experiences for Pac-12 student athletes. • Responsible for oversight of planning, budgeting and logistics of all Pac-12 Olympic sports championships. • Oversee completion of financial reporting and analysis for championships. • Provide annual benchmarking reports for all sports (except football and men’s basketball) and make recommendations for continual improvement. • Collaborate with Deputy Commissioner/COO, Associate Commissioner of Television, and Pac-12 Networks Management on Conference scheduling matters. • Create and maintain collaborative relationships with Pac-12 membership, colleagues, peer conferences, coaches’ associations, and NCAA national office staff. • Effectively communicate appropriate, relevant Pac-12 and NCAA information to internal staff & membership. • Exercise budget oversight for sports management and governance and compliance teams, including creation of annual budgets and effective monitoring. • Working with assigned sport managers, provide oversight of Conference officiating coordinators in sports other than football and men’s basketball. • Other duties as assigned by Commissioner.
Key Relationships: • Commissioner • Deputy Commissioner/COO • Chief Marketing Officer • General Counsel and SVP of Business Affairs • Vice President of Public Affairs and Communications • Vice President of International • Pac-12 Networks Management • Pac-12 Senior Administrators • Pac-12 Athletics Directors • Pac-12 Coaches • Pac-12 Officiating Coordinators
· Having served as an Associate Commissioner or similar senior associate role, and/or as a member of the senior management at a Division I college conference or institution.
· BA/BS degree required. Master’s or advanced/professional degree(s) preferred.
· Ability to manage multiple, complex relationships, as well as political dynamics, in the context of a membership-based organization.
· Demonstrated commitment to student-athlete welfare.
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
· Demonstrated financial management experience.
· Broad knowledge of NCAA Division I regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Ability to travel extensively for work and to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
· Ability to relocate to the San Francisco, California Bay Area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.