North Park University, a member of the nationally recognized College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin, would like to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time position of Women’s Basketball Assistant Coach. The position requires responsibility for preparation, management, and significant recruiting and operations duties. Preferred qualifications are successful collegiate playing and/or coaching experience. This 12-month position includes, but is not limited to, directing all phases of a successful Division III women’s basketball program.
• Direct responsibility for position specific skill development in accordance with the applicant’s background.
• Secondary position specific skill development as assigned by the head coach.
• Evaluation of prospective student athletes through showcase and game coverage.
• Assist program with all phases of competitive NCAA compliant recruiting.
• Assist with monitoring academic progress of all student-athletes on the team, in connection with the coaching staff, compliance coordinator and athletic director.
• Execute practice and game planning/evaluation, including video coordination and breakdown.
• Co-direct all camp offerings, including planning, advertising, organization, and instruction.
• Assist with office organizational needs.
• Develop and implement an on-going professional development plan as it relates to coaching in general, recruiting, and any assigned specialty area.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the head coach, the athletic director, or associate athletic directors.
A bachelor’s degree is required.
Demonstrated successful coaching at the high school, collegiate or professional level.
A personal commitment to North Park’s mission of Christian higher education.
Able to work a schedule appropriate to coaching a team (i.e. days, nights, and weekends).
Able to lift and move athletic equipment.
Able to travel with team, by vehicle or plane.
A valid driver’s license is required.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please send a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references to: Amanda Crockett, Head Women’s Basketball Coach, North Park University, 3225 W. Foster Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625, E-mail: email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
About North Park University
North Park University is located on Chicago's north side and enrolls more than 3,100 students from around the country and the world. At North Park, excellence implies not only a deep tradition in the liberal arts and the Christian faith, but also a spirit of innovation, reaching out to serve and to learn from the dynamic community around us. Cultural study centers enrich the life of the campus and connect us to the diverse people of Chicago whose roots extend around the globe. Graduate and special undergraduate programs bring adult, working professionals to the campus on evenings and weekends, enhancing the University's resources in the liberal arts as well as in specialized areas such as business, the health sciences, and education.