Seton Hill University seeks to fill this full-time position of Head Coach for Men's Basketball.
Seton Hill University is an NCAA Division II institution and competes in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC). This position is responsible for planning and directing the recruitment, skill development, performance, scouting and administration of the Men's Basketball program in the manner that upholds the mission and values of Seton Hill University and the Athletics program. The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, and teaching-oriented. They will demonstrate a strong commitment to the liberal arts and our Catholic, Setonian mission.
The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively verbally, in writing, in person and by telephone.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Athletics. This position supervises an assistant coach, and graduate assistant.
1. Schedule intercollegiate events for basketball. The schedule must meet all requirements for the intention to compete in the PSAC.
2. Complete, on a timely basis, all NCAA compliance forms and abide by all regulations.
3. Oversee budgets for equipment, travel, officials, recruiting, and approved expenses.
4. Commitment to the mission of Seton Hill University and work to recruit and retain academically qualified student-athletes.
5. Maintain and set reasonable policies designed for students-athlete success.
6. Conduct basketball summer camps.
7. Coordinate recruiting with admissions and compliance office.
8. Attend coaches meeting for PSAC/NCAA.
9. Work closely with the Sports Information Director.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references by March 19, 2018 to: email@example.com or Head Men's Basketball Search Committee, Athletic Department, Seton Hill University, Seton Hill Drive 287K, Greensburg, PA 15601
Seton Hill University is committed to a faculty, staff and student body that reflects the diversity of our global population. AA/EOE
Requirements for this position include a Bachelor's degree, Masters preferred, a minimum of 5 years of collegiate basketball coaching experience; and demonstrated commitment to recruiting and retaining high quality student-athletes.
About Seton Hill University
Seton Hill University is a Catholic, liberal arts university located 35 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA. Seton Hill offers 40 undergraduate majors, 8 graduate programs and serves traditional age and adult student populations. Seton Hill is committed to having our faculty and student body reflect the racial diversity of the global population. AA/EOE