Assist in the overall instruction and training of student-athletes under NCAA operating bylaws, rules, and regulations. Responsibilities in all aspects of the program including, but not limited to, on/off field coaching, international and domestic recruiting, advanced technology, and community/alumni relations. The Assistant Coach is accountable for assisting in the ongoing assessment of all aspects of the program, including, but not limited to, recruiting, player development, and community relations.
This is a Full Time, Academic Year (10 month) position.
1. Develop game/practice plans. Provide verbal and written instruction to student-athletes on sport-specific skills and game-related tactics in one-on-one, small group, and large group sessions (i.e., during games, on-field practices and video review sessions). Comply with and uphold NCAA rules and guidelines and complete all necessary documentation.
2. Within guidelines issued by the athletic department, the Big East Conference, and the NCAA, responsible for assisting in establishing strategies for the recruitment and retention of all domestic and international student-athletes and make recommendations to the Head Coach for acceptance to the College. Such work requires exercise of independent judgment in scouting potential student-athletes.
3. Responsible for providing advanced knowledge and technical skill for working with Gamebreaker which includes, but is not limited to, editing of game/practice/scouting footage in an effort to create game tactics and strategy and enhance the development of student-athletes. Oversee TeamDeskTop program management software for recruiting coordination and NCAA compliance documentation.
4. Assist in the development and implementation of annual events to support program specific fundraising efforts. Increase alumni/friend/donor database and involvement through the development of newsletters, electronic communication and other forms of contact.
1. Maintain a working knowledge of "best practices" in regard to sport-specific skills, game related tactics, and physical fitness concepts through attendance at coaching seminars and from instructional materials, both written and video.
2. Perform all other duties as may be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor's Degree in related field from an accredited institution required · Significant intercollegiate playing and coaching experience in sport required · Excellent oral and written communication skills required · First aid and CPR Certification preferred
· Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time · Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction · Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard · Communication skills using the spoken word · Ability to see within normal parameters · Ability to hear within normal range · Ability to move about
About Providence College
What We Value
Providence College, a primarily undergraduate, liberal arts, Catholic institution of higher education conducted under the auspices of the Dominican Friars, seeks candidates who can affirm and contribute to its mission. The College is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment that supports all of its students, faculty, and staff. All members of the community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning experience valuing differences and practicing inclusion. We invite applications from qualified individuals who possess the experience, knowledge, and commitment to work within a diverse learning environment. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Providence College is an equal opportunity employer.