Sports Medicine, Sports Medicine - Athletic Training
The Head Athletic Trainer will develop, coordinate and administer a comprehensive sports medical program for Keiser’s intercollegiate sports. The Head Athletic Trainer will also perform professional and administrative services essential for the successful implementation and development of the program. This is a full-time, 12 month position.
1. Develop overall sports medicine program for the University, including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs and counseling for student-athletes
2. Coordinate and provide onsite coverage for all varsity and JV athletic events.
3. Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
4.Responsible for the formation of the University’s athletic training staff, including hiring, training and supervision of assistant/associate athletic trainers, graduate assistant athletic trainers and student athletic trainers.
5. Supervise the strength and conditioning staff to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs.
6. Development and maintaining relationships with local health care professionals.
7. Maintaining all athletic insurance processing, billing and claim identification as well as physical examinations.
8. Communicating and organization of the Drug Free Sport Program for drug testing.
9. Manage and maintain the athletic training facility, equipment, supplies and budget.
10. Represent Keiser University and the Athletic Department as a professional and role model for all student-athletes.
11. Encouraged to attend local, state, and national conventions to renew certification and to be informed of current trends and innovations in the area of athletic training and sports medicine.
12. All other duties that are assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training from a CAATE accreditation program. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years professional experience.
Certificate/License: Certified by the BOC, State Athletic Training Licensure. Member of NAIA. Valid CPR Certification. Familiarity with NCAA or NAIA governing rules. Valid state of Florida driving license. Florida State Athletic Training License.
Internal Number: 1188539
About Keiser University
Keiser University, is the Flagship/Residential Campus of the 17 Florida locations. KU is a Level VI, regionally accredited university by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Students are pursuing degrees in over 100 doctoral, specialist, master’s, bachelor’s, and associate fields. KU Athletics are a member of the NAIA and Sun Conference.