PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE A COVER LETTER, RESUME AND 3 REFERENCES, YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
The position will either be hired as a Marketing Manager or Coordinator, depending on experience. The position will be responsible for supporting a variety of marketing and branding initiatives on behalf of the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge and The Dodd Trophy.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Development of social media strategy for all bowl related social channels
• Management of all bowl social media content
• Tracking and reporting social media metrics
• Relationship development with social media companies
• Contact and integration with partners’ social media teams on activations
• Integration with sponsor social media and marketing teams when appropriate.
• Responsible for innovation and becoming a subject matter expert on social media trends and activations
• Manage the bowl’s digital marketing intern
• Assist Marketing Manager with management and updates of all bowl related web properties
• Learn WordPress, and develop skills for site content updates
• Development, content management of official bowl volunteer app
Email Marketing and Enewsletter Development
• Weekly creation and management of official enewsletter
• Content creation, management and strategy
• HTML email development using third party softwares
Design and Video
• Social media graphics creation
• Annual logo database management
• Video capture and editing
The Dodd Trophy (Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award)
• Dodd asset archive management
• Social Property Management
• Marketing department representative on Dodd DISC team
• Travel as required for Dodd Coach of the Year trips
• Management of Dodd Coach of the Week selection process
Other project work as assigned by the CEO or COO
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:A candidate must possess ALL of the following qualifications to be considered for this position. The requirements/qualifications indicated below are essential to the performance of the job description.
A candidate should have 2-5 years of marketing and promotions experience in a sports or related organization. A candidate must be goal-driven, solutions-oriented, have strong time management skills, a willingness to work a non-traditional schedule on weekends and around holidays, and a willingness to learn, develop and possess a positive attitude.
A candidate should have proven expertise in building and maintaining strong relationships with corporate partners and co-workers. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills are required.
A candidate should have the ability to learn, use and work with in-house computer programs and new computer programs as needed, including, without limitation, Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. A candidate must also have the ability to understand and manage employees who use desktop publishing and graphic layout programs including Adobe Photoshop, and other Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
Not required, but preferable is a working knowledge of basic video editing software, and graphic design software programs.
Salary Range: $37,500 - $50,000 (depending on experience)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree with 2-5 years of experience in the field of marketing.
Proven self-motivated team player with a proven ability to meet and exceed aggressive individual and team goals.
Experience with social media content management
Experience with social media strategy
Experience in marketing and promotions within an event context
Ability to quickly develop and maintain strong relationships with partners, corporate partners/sponsors and co-workers.
Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
Solutions oriented, problem solving mentality a must.
Must be creative, detail oriented, possess a strong work ethic, willingness to learn and strong desire to succeed.
Strong negotiation skills.
Willingness to work a demanding schedule as required.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter/email and application that includes your resume and the names and contact information for three references.
If you have samples of social media posts, graphics, content calendars, etc. that you created, please submit those as well.
You will be judged on the spelling, grammar and attention to detail in your application.
Additional Salary Information: Range dependent upon experience.
About Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
Peach Bowl, Inc. operates the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, the ninth-oldest bowl game in the country and one of New Year’s Six Bowls selected to host the College Football Playoff. In 2014-15, the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl hosted top nationally ranked teams as assigned by the College Football Playoff Selection Committee. In 2016, the Bowl hosted its first College Football Playoff Semifinal (#1 Alabama vs. #4 Washington). The Bowl has earned a reputation as one of the most competitive bowls in the country, with 53 percent (26 of 49) of its games being decided by a touchdown or less. Peach Bowl, Inc. has disbursed $161 million in team payouts over its 49-year history and has increased team payout every year since 1996. The Bowl also leads all other bowl game organizations in charitable and scholarship contributions, giving more than $21 million to organizations in need since 2002. Peach Bowl, Inc. also owns and manages the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge charity golf tournament and The Dodd Trophy national coach of the year award. For more information, visit Chick-fil-APeachBowl.com or follow us on Twitter at @CFAPeachBowl and find us on Facebook at Facebook.com/ChickfilAPeachBowl.