Associate Athletics Director - Finance & Human Resources Operations
University of Wisconsin Green Bay
January 8, 2018
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin
60000.00 - 65000.00
Full-time - Experienced
Executive, Executive - Associate Athletics Director, Executive - Business Manager
4 Year Degree
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is seeking an Associate Athletics Director for Finance & Human Resources Operations. This position reports to the Controller, with a dotted line to the Director of Athletics, and is responsible for providing oversight and management of the athletics department finances and human resources administrative duties. Supervise financial staff in athletic department, to include hiring of staff, staff development and training, performance evaluations, and implementation of corrective measures as deemed appropriate.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
* Monitor department expenditures to ensure compliance with the State of Wisconsin, University, and NCAA rules and regulations.
* Approve payment of invoices and approve department travel expense reports. Prepare post-season travel reimbursements.
* Oversee cash management within department to include depositing checks and cash from various sources and perform follow up on outstanding balances.
* Serve as lead for the annual NCAA audit.
* Prepare financial reports including foundation reports, EADA, NCAA, and Horizon League reports.
* Prepare the annual department budget in accordance with University and UW-System budgetary process, including materials for the annual budget presentation to SUFAC.
* Monitor and provide budget updates to coaches and other administrators on a monthly basis to track budget vs. actual reporting.
* Advise the Director of Athletics, other administrators, coaching staff, and other relevant staff in matters related to budgets, purchasing, and travel.
* Assist in the negotiation of contracts for outsourced services vendors.
* Monitor Athletics department contracts to ensure adherence to terms.
* Supervise and assist financial staff person in the Athletics department.
* Serve as departmental liaison with Human Resources.
* Prepare appointment contracts, addendums and consult with HR and other parties regarding contract renewals and extensions for Athletic department staff.
* Maintain listing of personnel salaries and additional payments/bonuses for Athletic staff.
* Assist and manage personnel searches within the department.
* Prepare all personnel action forms for departmental staff.
* Monitor leave and vacation reporting for Athletic department staff.
Bachelors degree in accounting or related field at time of application
2 years of professional experience
CPA or Masters degree in sports administration, business or accounting
Experience working in a University Athletics department or Athletics conference
Experience with financial audits
Completed applications need to be submitted by Sunday, January 21, 2018.
Website for application: http://www.uwgb.edu/human-resources/employment/career-opportunities/associate-athletics-director-finance-human-res/
The University of Wisconsin Green Bay is a 4 year comprehensive University located in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The University enrolls about 7,000 students. As a member of the Horizon League, UWGB Athletics currently participates in 16 sports. More information can be found on the UW-Green Bay website: www.uwgb.edu