Lawrence University invites applications for the Head Women’s Soccer Coach.
The Head Women’s Soccer Coach is primarily responsible for the successful development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the women’s soccer programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, training and coaching the student-athletes, recruiting quality women’s soccer student-athletes that fit with Lawrence University, scheduling, budget management, and overall administration of a varsity Division III soccer program in accordance with NCAA, Midwest Conference, and University rules and procedures. Credentials should reflect proven success or ability in coaching, recruiting, and working with student-athletes in a highly demanding academic environment.
Lawrence University is a member of the NCAA Division III, Midwest Conference, Northern Collegiate Hockey Association, and Midwest Fencing Conference. Lawrence fields teams in 21 intercollegiate sports with approximately 325 scholar-athletes and is committed to a well-balanced program promoting excellence in both academics and athletics.
Lawrence is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and the viewpoints and approaches that a diverse community represents. We strongly encourage candidates who can contribute to diversity at Lawrence to apply.
See https://lawrencecareers.silkroad.com/lawrenceuniversity/About_Us.html for more information about Lawrence and its surrounding community, including the New North Regional Guide which lists resources that promote diversity in the community. All candidates are encouraged to address in their letters of application the ways in which they could contribute to Lawrence’s institutional mission and commitment to diversity through demonstrated experience and/or creative programming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and direct athletics skill development for the women’s soccer student-athletes.
- Recruit student-athletes compatible with Lawrence University’s mission and the specific goals of the women’s soccer program.
- Monitor student-athlete academic performance and implement team, athletics department, and University measures to support their academic performance.
- Advise student-athletes and staff of applicable NCAA, Midwest Conference, and University rules, regulations and policies, and ensure compliance of such regulations.
- Work within the budgetary guidelines established by the Athletics Director.
- Evaluate the performance of the assistant coach(es).
- Assist the Director of Athletic Performance in developing and conducting pre-season, in-season, and off-season training and conditioning programs for the women’s soccer team.
- Cooperate with the University Athletic Trainers to ensure student-athletes receive proper medical and physical training services.
- Coordinate all activities in preparation for scheduled competition.
- Work with the Athletics Director on the selection and scheduling of team contests.
- Work with alumni student groups, University administration, and community groups to seek support for the team.
- Attend all team practices and home/away contests.
Lawrence is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and the viewpoints and approaches that a diverse community represents. We strongly encourage candidates who can contribute to diversity at Lawrence to apply. See the Lawrence Careers website for more information about Lawrence and its surrounding community. All candidates are encouraged to address in their letters of applica...tion the ways in which they could contribute to Lawrence’s institutional mission and commitment to diversity.