FGCU Athletics’ Facilities and Operations department seeks a highly motivated, hard working, and detail oriented individual for the position of Facilities and Operations Assistant. This entry-level, full time, benefitted position serves under the supervision of the Director of Facilities and Operations in support of the Facilities and Operations department for FGCU Athletics.
Essential Job Duties
Coordination of visiting teams, officials, custodial, and security for assigned sports home events.
Management of the game day staff for assigned events.
In charge of the game operations for assigned sports, which includes being the manager on duty for those sports.
Responsible for assisting in the management and oversight of the procurement, inventory management, distribution, and return of the equipment for assigned sports.
Assisting in the supervision and scheduling of a student support staff of approximately eight individuals.
Coordination of the student staff to carry out daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly maintenance at assigned facilities.
Oversee the facility usage, enforce facility policies, and coordinate events held at assigned facilities
Supervise, coordinate, and manage the purchasing, inventory, and operations for the Outdoor Sports Complex Concessions.
Other Duties will be assigned as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree and Prior Experience working in collegiate athletics, preferably in Facilities and Operations.
• Strong written and oral communication.
• Work 40 hours a week, including some nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Willing and able to work outside in extreme temperatures and weather.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to interact in a fast paced environment with a diverse group of individuals and personalities.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Individual must be a team player, who is highly motivated, a self starter, detail oriented, and possesses a strong work ethic.
• Passion for Division I Intercollegiate Athletics.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Master’s Degree.
• Prior experience working in Facilities and Operations or Equipment.
In less than 20 years, FGCU has made an indelible impact on Southwest Florida. We are a catalyst for the area’s economy and a cultural hub for the community. Our students enjoy one of the highest graduate employment rates among the state’s universities. Our campus and region serve as a living laboratory from which life-improving discoveries emanate. And our sports teams energize the entire region.... Inspiring those who inspire others — that’s The FGCU Effect.
FGCU is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer