The vibrant and talented professional development team within the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Office for Development & Alumni Relations seeks to fill the position of Associate Director of Athletics – Development. As the need for private funding increases to support university priorities, the Associate Director of Athletics – Development serves a critical role for both Development and Athletics. It is an exciting time be at UWM with a wide array of philanthropic opportunities to support student success, research excellence, and community engagement through a comprehensive university campaign that recently announced its public phase. Seeking and growing support for the strategic funding priorities of a vibrant Athletics program is a vital development position.
The Associate Director of Athletics – Development will report to a senior Central Development officer and work closely with the Athletic Director, senior Athletics administrators and coaches. This full-time position has overall responsibility for the UWM Athletics development program, will manage a portfolio of donors and prospects to secure major gifts, and supervise a staff member assigned to assist with Athletics annual fund and events coordination.
The Associate Director of Athletics - Development position is unique in that it is a part of two energetic, hard-working, goal-oriented teams; Development & Alumni Relations and Athletics.
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Minimum of five years fundraising/or equivalent experience
3. Demonstrated track record of successful major gift solicitation/or equivalent experience
1. Broad-based fundraising experience in annual giving, proposal preparation, individual, corporate, foundation, major and planned gift solicitation
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills
3. Evidence of success working effectively with diverse constituencies and in a team environment
4. Academic fundraising experience
5. Athletic fundraising experience
6. Experience utilizing donor data base or contact management systems
About University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Athletics
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee campus is located on Milwaukee’s upper East Side, one of the city’s most attractive residential areas. UWM Athletics currently has 300 student-athletes participating in fifteen NCAA Division I sports as part of the Horizon League Conference and has moved itself into a prominent position both regionally and nationally.