The University of Texas at San Antonio Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking a well-qualified individual for a Development Assistant position.
Job duties include:
1. Manages the Student Giving Program (Rowdy Crew) and the Student-Athlete Society, including communication, marketing and membership. Serves as a liaison for the Rowdy Crew Board and the coaching staff.
2. Work with Development Officers to create plans and strategies for special events and donor hospitality areas; responsible for executing game day operations including but not limited to set up and take down, preparing collateral, ordering food and beverages, providing excellent service to donors etc.
3. Manage UTSA Athletics Friends & Family program.
4. Assist with stewarding donors, including but not limited to executing RAF gift acknowledgement letters, fulfilling membership benefits, and planning and executing annual student-athlete thank-a-thon
Experience and Other Skills Required
- One year of experience in development, public relations, or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrated event planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage details for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license by first day of employment.
-Ability to transport event supplies and to travel to external meetings/events using a personal vehicle.
The University of Texas at San Antonio serves the San Antonio metropolitan area and the broader region of South Texas through programs and services offered from its three campuses: 1604 Campus, Downtown Campus and UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures.With 28,688 students enrolled in 126 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, UTSA is the second-largest component in The University of Texas Syste...m and has been one of the state's fastest-growing public universities for much of the last decade.UTSA offers 63 bachelor's, 43 master's and 20 doctoral degree programs. With 10 doctoral programs and five more master's programs in the planning stages or awaiting final approval, UTSA is rapidly moving toward classification as a doctoral/research intensive institution. The university's three campuses provide access and opportunity for large numbers of historically underserved students. More than 56 percent of UTSA's students come from groups underrepresented in higher education. Many students are the first in their families to attend a college or university.
The University of Texas at San Antonio is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.