Operations, Operations - Building Maintenance & Engineering
4 Year Degree
James Madison University, a Division I Member of the NCAA and Colonial Athletic Association is currently accepting applications for an Athletics IT Specialist. This position will provide oversight and support for all computer systems, software applications, network applications and other technology resources utilized by JMU Athletics. This position will also lead processes to procure and implement new technologies as well as oversee day-to-day management of the current technology utilized by the department.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and maintain overall IT plan for JMU Athletics to included evaluating new technology and purchasing of equipment.
- Provide oversight within Athletics through management of all software, computer, network and communications technologies utilized by the department.
- Manage all day-to-day operations of technologies utilized by the department.
- Enhance JMU Athletics through efforts to stay current with new technologies, hardware upgrades, software enhancements, institutional standards, industry trends and best practices that could be applied to the operational needs of the department.
- Collaborate with IT Support Services in diagnosing, troubleshooting, physical setup, installation, repairing and/or user training on all software, computer, network and communications technologies utilized by JMU Athletics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to serve a large number of internal customers, collaborate with JMU IT and external vendors, manage resources and support a wide variety of technologies.
Other qualifications include: - Technical experience with a large organization preferred. - Working knowledge of both Windows and Mac Operating Systems, network operations, wireless connectivity and data management. Experience with A/V technology preferred. - Must possess outstanding communication skills, both oral and written. - Ability to work independently, multitask and learn new technologies. - Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively with other staff, coaches and administrators and be able to work in time sensitive and pressured environments. - Must work in compliance with the university, including following federal and NCAA guidelines. -Ability to work home football games and occasional nights and weekends. - Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education/experience preferred.
To apply go to http://JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number S1038. Salary range is $44,000 - $47,000. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.