The Head Track & Field/Cross Country Coach is responsible for all aspects of developing a competitive women’s and men’s cross country/track and field program in the Big Sky Conference.
This includes, but is not limited to: coaching, recruiting, and counseling student-athletes; managing daily administrative duties of the program; fundraising and public relations; supervising assistants; adhering to all rules and regulations of the university, NCAA, and Big Sky.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum five years collegiate coaching/club coaching/collegiate competition required.
- Demonstrate excellent professional/interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the total welfare of female and male student-athletes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to developing a successful Division I men’s and women’s cross-country & track and field program both academically and athletically.
- Head coaching and NCAA Division I experience preferred.
- Experience coaching both men and women preferred.
As part of the Oregon University System, Portland State University's vision is to enhance recognition of the value of higher education by continually strengthening the metropolitan environment and utilizing that strength for its own growth toward standards of excellence in accessible high quality research, teaching and outreach programs. As a microcosm of the global society, the metropolitan envir...onment becomes a laboratory for Portland State in this vision. It is the vision of a university that will set the standard for institutions located in an urban setting.